A mod that could do with a weidu update

Caedwyr

I'll just chime in here to say that if some person was interested in updating an older mod, the Revised Hell Trials could do with one. It mostly needs a WeiDU version update, and there may be one or two minor bugfixes needed. I'm pretty sure Sim has made virtue compatible with the Revised Hell Trials, but a little bit of investigation in that direction probably wouldn't hurt. Also, UU has mentioned a couple pieces of cheese that let you get around some of the consequences of the good choices, while still getting the benefit of the evil choices.

Ah, I will second that motion. The Hell Trials is a great mod that has maintained its stability over time, but a small update would be nice. I don't think, however, that the mod's creator is still around...

Yep, I can still install it, but I need to make sure I use the Weidu installer that comes with the mod (v73) and not the updated version.

I'd heard murmers that Alain (Kiara & Zairya's creator) was responsible for this mod, but I've also heard otherwise. A number of people have tried to contact him in the past, but with no success.

Yep, I can still install it, but I need to make sure I use the Weidu installer that comes with the mod (v73) and not the updated version.

I'd heard murmers that Alain (Kiara & Zairya's creator) was responsible for this mod, but I've also heard otherwise.  A number of people have tried to contact him in the past, but with no success.

Oh, no, no, no! I'm sure Alain would like people to think that, but it couldn't be further from the truth. :D

Hell Trials was created by Adahn (adahn@tiscalinet.de) and the website is here: http://adahn.gmxhome.de/

Yep, I was pretty sure that Adahn did the work on Revised Hell Trials. I just remember hearing that Alain was claiming credit for it.... The very different styles are a good an indicator that a different person made it.

Yeh, Adahn did Hell Trials. I e-mailed him with some feedback and stuff ages ago. He said he'd try to work it in, and also that he had some fairly major revisions planned for the next release. I offered my help, and never heard back again. It IS possible that he's still around, though, even if he doesn't post anywhere; contacting him might be worthwhile.

And yeh, Virtue is compatible with it.

Another mod that could use an update (especially some WeiDU-ization) is Gebhard Blucher's Lvl1NPCs: http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/

It's got a bit in common with Idobek's NPC Kit Pack and Lennon Cook's NPC Tweak Pack, but it still fills a niche that neither of these other two do.

Updating the Hell Trials and Lvl1NPC mods would be a very good thing. :D

There`s an ugly bug in that mod, the Lvl1NPCs; one of the cleric/ranger Jaheira`s selection sounds goes something like 'Minsc and Boo stand ready *squeek*'. I like Minsc but I wouldn`t romance Jaheira knowing that she has bits of his soundset. :D

And it would be a nice addition to see that as WeiDU.

Archived