The Original Viconia Relationship thread...

Heya,

Will any of these variables be based on race and charisma?

This is an interesting question.

Certianly I can't see Viconia involved with a male or a female halfling, dwarf, gnome, or half-orc... That really leaves human, elf or half-elf... (I have a feeling that in the original romance, she would get involved with a half-orc... and maybe putting them on the "can't see her involved with one" list is more a personal preference than anything else.)

As for Charisma? Well, maybe there should be a bonus/penalty to interest/friendship on the basis of how high or low it is, and maybe some flirt options won't be available if your charisma is too low.

i'm rather fond of the idea...i like it...sounds fun...sounds like it could be rather..urm...urm...racy...

but definately should not be elven, since the normal viconia romance won't romance elves, neither should the mod version...i trust phaere will be rewritten to hit on the female pc???

will salvanus be written so the player can urm...urm...urm...wind him up with a full kiss in front of him???

what about madam nim...you can get a prostitute for the night at the copper coronet, and if your pc is female, you get a male prostitute...shouldn't that be redone???

what about the hookers in front of galvana's hall at brynnlaw...if the party member you choose to speak to them is male, the female one speaks to you, vice versa if the party member is female...

and how will anomen react??? :D:D:D:D:D

that alone should be worth downloading... :D:D

Heya,

Will Viconia play same hate you / like you game with female PC as she does with male PC?

-Meira

I went to give a simple answer to the question and found myself getting distracted by other issues. In short, while it is my intention to keep most of the themes intact, the romance will be different. She will still be fairly skittish, but this might not be reflected by the "Down dog! Down at my feet and beg!" attitude she seems to have with a male... In fact at the very begining, Viconia will be unaware that the female PC might be interested. (It will be left up to the PC to give her some hints... :D)

Heya,

i'm rather fond of the idea...i like it...sounds fun...sounds like it could be rather..urm...urm...racy...

but definately should not be elven, since the normal viconia romance won't romance elves, neither should the mod version...i trust phaere will be rewritten to hit on the female pc???

I understand the reasoning behind why she wouldn't go for a surface elf... Doesn't mean I have to like or agree with it, though. :D (I think it's actually the reverse... A drow wouldn't mind seducing a surface elf, but a surface elf wouldn't want to have anything to do with a drow - particularly Sun Elves... Moon Elves would be more open minded, and can't really make a comment on other elven subraces)...

As for Phaere... Hmmm. She doesn't try to take a female to bed in the game, and I don't see why I should change that. Not all drow are bisexual. In fact one of the reasons why I want to avoid it has to do with that excruciating novelization of BG2 by Philip Athans - in it Phaere is definitely portrayed as bisexual, with a particular weakness for certian types of females (Bhodi, Imoen)... I'd rather avoid any similarities... :D

will salvanus be written so the player can urm...urm...urm...wind him up with a full kiss in front of him???

what about madam nim...you can get a prostitute for the night at the copper coronet, and if your pc is female, you get a male prostitute...shouldn't that be redone???

what about the hookers in front of galvana's hall at brynnlaw...if the party member you choose to speak to them is male, the female one speaks to you, vice versa if the party member is female...

and how will anomen react??? :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

that alone should be worth downloading... :D  :D

Heh. After reading Salvanus's dialog (somehow I managed to avoid him while playing), writing something misgibberlings3.netchevious to try and disuade him is rather tempting.

Courtesans... Hmm I don't think we really have to change them, we're not trying to make BG2: Bisexual Adventures in Amn, after all. :D

Anomen will probably get some interjections at certian points. I hadn't really given that much thought.

As for Phaere... Hmmm. She doesn't try to take a female to bed in the game, and I don't see why I should change that.

Yet Viconia never shows any interest in women in the game and you feel the need to make her bisexual?

As for Phaere... Hmmm. She doesn't try to take a female to bed in the game, and I don't see why I should change that.

Yet Viconia never shows any interest in women in the game and you feel the need to make her bisexual?

Yes, but this is the point of the mod: To make her bisexual. The point isn't to make EVERYONE in the game bisexual.

So, the idea for this mod came from a mod about incest between a brother and sister?

And why'd you want to make her bisexual anyway? She's fine as she is... i bet it's just because she's the fittest bird in the game.. isn't there some mod that lets you romance the women as women already anyway? :S

all this doesn't really give me high hopes for the sanity of this community....

The (bi)sexuality of Viconia has been the subject of the previous seven pages of posts. The difference between a male-female romance and a female-female romance has also been discussed. The patch that allows females to romance Viconia is not the same thing as one written specifically for a female characters, just as a patch that would allow a male to romance Chloe would not be the same as the original Chloe romance.

Criticism is always encouraged but try to make it constructive, please. :D

the sanity thing was mainly aimed at that incest romance

isnt kotor a family game? they have a lesbian romance in that, im sure if viconia was bisexual then bio woulda made her bi. dont think im dissin ya, im dissin yer mod idea coz it has no foundation, and that family game thing is a poor excuse. Im frankly not convinced by what you said, she seems straight as a ruler to me, what possibly made you think there's any bisexual tendencies in her?

so you think viconia is bisexual because...?

ive played that chloe romance, but i stopped and uninstalled it then deleted the file after she flirted with every girl in the game and told just about every man in my party that she hated them out of the blue, which is not like any lesbians i know, none of em are feminazis.

If you have issues with the Imoen Romance, go rant in the Imoen Romance forums.

If you have issues with Chloe, go rant in the Chloe forums.

I have already explained my reasons for making this mod and why the character of Viconia could be bisexual (note it is a MOD, therefore it is a modification of the canon material). I'm not going to repeat myself. This mod is being made, if you don't like that then don't download it.

Have a nice day.

i thought this topic was about expressing your opinions about the mod, obviously i was wrong because you seem to get worked up about it, im sorry if you cant take my criticisms, but you have to admit there's nothing to support your view, and i understand, you cant find the evidence, and your only excuse to make a bisexual viconia is "i wanna do it" but there's no need to snap at me then just cover it up with nice words. i think i will have a nice day. Thankyou bye bye.

:D

@ Sean

'Because i wanna do it' is the only and best reason for anybody to make a mod. UB is a different project. Otherwise discussing base material apart from rules, guidelines (sic) and hints is good and helpful, but should not prohibit new content to be made. It is a lot of work, it is free for everybody to enjoy and it is optional to install. Apart from mods I do not see many 'free rides' in this world.

Your critique may have been met with growing resistance, because you have obviously just browsed the posts beforehand and/or jumped to a conclusion.

[rant]

@ family game: I always wondered how you could ban the use of 'brothels' from your licensed games, yet allow players to slaughter their opponents with every means known to the planes. For a good, family friendly read get Winnie the Pooh. :D

[/rant]

What part of constructive criticism did you not understand?

The arguments for and against have been made. Some don't see a basis for bisexuality in Voconia. That's fine. Others do. That's also fine. The controversy surrounding the Imoen Romance mod did not prevent it from being made nor people from enjoying it.

Archived