The Original Viconia Relationship thread...

My bet would be the old "violence is good, sex is bad" concept that many censors today seem to follow. It's OK to shoot your neighbor on TV, but don't you dare let everyone see you have sex with them!!!

In fact at the very begining, Viconia will be unaware that the female PC might be interested. (It will be left up to the PC to give her some hints... :D)

this changes my viewpoint entirely..this is a radical change to the pc, and makes the mod a heck of a lot more interesting...

for logical consistancy, the pc should be able to flirt all the girls, like aerie, (make her blush) and nalia...since the pc starts out being bisexual in the mod, it would be logically consistant that she would flirt with aerie and nalia...both of whom would have different reactions...aerie would (imho) be flattered, and possibly so starved for affection she might respond, but eventually say, "no, that's not my cup of tea...sorry mainchar..." nalia would likely be firm and polite, but try to salvage the friendship...

jaheira would be used to it, and sigh and shake her head at her young charge making comments about how back in bg1 the pc was making the moves on skie and other female npcs...minsc would be used to it, since boo explained flirting to him...but it still makes him blush...

back to my idea of changing the prostitutes at the copper coronet and brynlaw..its not so much to make the entire game bisexual, but that the pc wouldn't want to talk to the male prostitutes, or have anything to do with them...the female prostitutes may express dislike of the idea of having a female client, or not...but would they take the money???

see??? this really isn't a viconia romance mod after all, but a pc changing mod, with viconia as the main character for the romance component... :D:D:D

What part of constructive criticism did you not understand?

The arguments for and against have been made. Some don't see a basis for bisexuality in Voconia. That's fine. Others do. That's also fine. The controversy surrounding the Imoen Romance mod did not prevent it from being made nor people from enjoying it.

especially since it is an exceptionally well written and well designed mod..it stands by itself, and whether or not a person finds it objectionable is in the eye of the beholder...

Now, Grim... you're getting as bad as Andyr... heh.  I hope you've grown another arm to juggle all of these projects.  :D

Fortunately, I'm not the one writing for this project, so its not that bad. Not saying that coding is easy but coding up a romance is less time consuming than writing one.

Now, Grim... you're getting as bad as Andyr... heh.  I hope you've grown another arm to juggle all of these projects.  :D

What? I heard my name mentioned...

*Goes back to modding*

I do plan to actually have some stuff released soon, though, Ice. So my 'To do' list will shrink a fair bit. :D

Heya,

[rant]

@ family game: I always wondered how you could ban the use of 'brothels' from your licensed games, yet allow players to slaughter their opponents with every means known to the planes. For a good, family friendly read get Winnie the Pooh. :D

[/rant]

Heh. This is actually a subject of some amusement value to me. :D Nipples are bad, but violence is not. How many children would have seen a nipple by the time they're 10? Nipples are very important to this concept called breastfeeding, how on earth can a nipple be concidered bad and dirty and something children should not be exposed to?! Next thing you know, the conservatives will have banned breastfeeding!

On the issue of KotOR's lesbian romance:

LucasArts is not Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro, and their policies are different. Hasbro is obviously much more conservative, since even the idea of a "festhall" was out of the question in Hordes of the Underdark. (NWN was in design before Hasbro took over WotC, so the festhall in Neverwinter made it in - however, the festhall in Waterdeep (which is where HotU is set) was cut because of Hasbro's policy.)

And On Topic... Well I've written three "lovetalks" so far. :D None of them involve flirtation really, more just female versions of the first three male talks... with some modifications. :D

And On Topic... Well I've written three "lovetalks" so far. :D

And one and a half of these have been coded as of this moment. Hopefully I'll have finished coding the rest either tomorrow or by Tuesday (depends how distracted I am by UT2004... :D )

No malice intended, sir, it was actually a compliment.  :D

You guys make me feel like a lazy bum (oh, wait... I really am...)  :D

Oh, and yes--writing dialog sux!

:D

I'll stop hijacking the thread, now, don't worry.

For some on-topicness: I don't tend to play female PCs, but more conversation is a Good Thing. So the relationship part sounds cool to me. :D

Heya,

I seem to recall there was some discussion about Viconia making a baseless assumption about gender roles in Faerun. It was my assertion that she wouldn't come to this conclusion given her wisdom and intelligence. At last, I decided to settle this in my head - I did some digging around in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, and this is what I found...

The Heartlands of Faerun are generally enlightened and liberal regarding gender roles. Women are as free as men to own property, run businesses, and run off to become adventurers. Many of Faerun's most powerful heroes are women. Some societies observe strict codes of gender conduct (some matriarchal, not patriarchal), but this is not the case in most of Faerun.

Given that she's travelled down through (what would become) the Silver Marches (in 1371DR), through the western heartlands, and down into Amn. I find it difficult to believe that she could come to the conclusion that the surface world is the opposite to Menzoberranzan with regard to gender roles.

Furthermore, The Fighter Stronghold quest is also based on a false assumption that Nalia would not be able to inherit her father's title or rule his lands just because she's female!

Amn is not one of those exception alluded to in the above quote... In fact, the quest would have been more believable if somehow Nalia would stand to loose her father's title and property because she no longer had the wealth to sustain it.

I find the following quote about Amn to be deliciously ironic, given Nalia's character and story...

The people of Amn are obsessed with wealth. Unlike their southern neighbors, who pursue wealth for the comfort it brings, Amnians desire wealth for its own sake and for power, using the money they aquire to create more riches for themselves. Also in contrast to Calimshan, the wealthy in Amn make a great show of donating money to charities and the needy. Large donations demonstrate that a person can afford to be generous. Everything a citizen does should be done for money; doing something unprofitable is considered foolish and wasteful.

Amn's economy is supported by strong guilds, controlled by powerful merchant families who have a great deal of wealth and political clout. Every aspect of trade or craft is covered by a guild.

On topically, what does this mean for the Viconia mod? I will be basing the PCs answers to Viconia's questions/assumptions about gender roles on the information presented in FRCS - because they're sure to come up...

Updating what I've actually managed to achieve.. The fourth lovetalk has turned into a squid. It has so many branches off I am looking to prune it, and possibly will have to divide it into two.

I seem to recall there was some discussion about Viconia making a baseless assumption about gender roles in Faerun. It was my assertion that she wouldn't come to this conclusion given her wisdom and intelligence. At last, I decided to settle this in my head - I did some digging around in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, and this is what I found...

Many of Faerun's most powerful heroes are women. Some societies observe strict codes of gender conduct (some matriarchal, not patriarchal), but this is not the case in most of Faerun.

Hmm. Well, thanks for sharing. But it wasn't baseless. :D

It is, however, your mod and your decision. :D

Archived