Detectable Affects

Yovaneth

I've been reading this Wiki topic with a great deal of interest because I intend to give the adversaries in my mod a far better AI than the existing default scripts. If I've read the tp2 correctly, for an SoA mod that requires ToB, I will not need the Mellisan and Khelben sections? The other part of the entire structure I did not understand is: where does the genetic_cre come in and why is it required?

OTOH leaving in the Meli and Khelben sections isn't going to really affect my installation, so I don't know why I should be worrying about that!

-Y-

The generic creature is for Stinking Cloud, IIRC. The creature is created at the center of an AOE spell. Then you can use, if detect GENERIC, run away from GENERIC, in order to get other creatures out of the AOE.

I'm not sure how fully implemented this feature is. In theory all AOE spell could use this same feature and you could actually fairly safely use AOE spells on enemies or they could relatively safely use the AOE spells on your party.

Cirerrek

The generic creature is for Stinking Cloud, IIRC.  The creature is created at the center of an AOE spell.  Then you can use, if detect GENERIC, run away from GENERIC, in order to get other creatures out of the AOE. 

I'm not sure how fully implemented this feature is.  In theory all AOE spell could use this same feature and you could actually fairly safely use AOE spells on enemies or they could relatively safely use the AOE spells on your party.

Now that IS an interesting idea!

Thanks!

-Y-

I've never played with them much, but does the invisible creature impact on player-walkable area at all? (And similarly, does it ever displace the player when created?)

I'm not too sure, but it uses the seagull animation, which has no feet circle.

BTW, the name to check is the one listed here: http://dev.gibberlings3.net/index.php/Dete...fects_CRE_table. You can add a line for CloudKill, Web, or whatever :O

Okay... does cloning the Sleep effect work properly? The effects on the SPL control the durations that individual creatures fall asleep for, and I'd hazard a guess that the duration of the actual cloud is hardcoded to the projectile. I should probably just, uh, test it out.

Archived