pnp protection items

Guest ryba

im quite new to bg2 so please dont kill me if you find my question obvious

what does this component really do, i read readm, but im not sure if i understand it correctly, can i use two rings of protection+1 on one person for example? (i tried to wear them on my saved game and i couldnt). or can i only use one item that adds some ac? how does it really works? im confused, becouse i started the game with ease of use component thath allowed to wear everything i guess, but i found the game to easy (i play on hard level, setting on hardest would not help a lot since normally creatures dont make any demage so 200% from 0 is still 0)

thank you for help with explanation, maybe you could also try to make hmm broader expanation in readme for dummies like me :O

The PnP explanation is that you can combine magical armour with rings/amulets/etc of protection, but that you cannot stack protection from multiple items.

The original rule is to stop Fighters from achieving ridiculous AC values by stacking powerful protection items with their armour. I guess it was extended in the BG games for the same reason... it sure isn't hard to get a really good AC in SoA. :O

The PnP explanation is that you can combine magical armour with rings/amulets/etc of protection, but that you cannot stack protection from multiple items.

The original rule is to stop Fighters from achieving ridiculous AC values by stacking powerful protection items with their armour. I guess it was extended in the BG games for the same reason... it sure isn't hard to get a really good AC in SoA. :O

maybe im dumb, but i dont understand your first sentence, "but that" after coma suggests it should be "The PnP explanation is *not* that you..." before coma?

Time for us to look at the readme, I think.

P&P Style Protection Items

In Pen-and-Paper AD&D, characters are allowed to wear magical armor with Rings/Cloaks/Amulets of Protection, but only the armor class bonus from one item would apply. This component gives every ring/cloak/amulet of protection the ability to be worn with or without its Armor Class bonus. With the AC bonus, the items retain their usual restrictions from being worn with other protection items or magic armor. Without their AC bonus, they can be worn together. This allows players to gain the benefits of the saving throw bonuses from the items of protection.

If you can't wear two items together you want to use the new ability on one of the items, this will remove the AC bonus from that item and you can then wear both items together.

I don't think you implemented this correctly for some items: in my game, it works correctly for the ring of protection +1 and +2, but the cloak of protection +1 still retains its AC bonus.

Archived