Using Divine Remix Kits in mod

aigleborgne

Hello Andyr, Cam and NiGHTMARE,

I'm actually working on a mod for BG1tutu (http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showforum=76)

A part of this mod would be to give a kit to each NPC, for game's variety, and also to give them an extra boost (unkitted cleric are usually weak compare to other spellcasters)

Bioware's kits are sometimes good, but there are very limited in choice.

I am very interesting in your kits (not to say mod :O and was wondering if you authorized me to use your kits for npc.

So my mod would require Divine Remix to be installed.

If you accept my request, I would have a few questions:

- are there any doc about new spells? (name and effect) (I could just see the spl, but a doc is better, I can print it)

- in your opinion, is it better to rewrite a new spellbook, depending on kit. or alter it according to the requirements on kit?

Cheers,

Arnaud

Yes, go for it.

For actual implementation, the best way would probably be to look at how we kit Viccy and Branwen. The full code is on the wiki, but it's basically these steps:

• Check kitlist.2da for the kit number
  • Assign the kit number to the creature files
  • Remove illegal spells from the spellbook

You don't need to assign kit abilities or anything else to the creature files, as the engine applies the kit (and its abilities) to a character every time they join and re-join the party.

As an aside, the last version including appropriate kitting for all joinable and non-joinable NPCs for BG2 (i.e. Priests of Oghma are now Lorekeepers). We didn't quite get to Tutu (though the Viconia and Branwen components have been in there since the beginning) but we will do a more thorough Tutu review for a future review.

Thank you :O

I know about innates, I have discovered this some days ago, while trying to kit some npc :D

You probably didn't fully understand what I mean, but I will kit most of the npc (joinable or not). Because it is really unfair that only joinable NPC (& PC) can have a kit !

So, I will add innate and everything else. But I had pratice in it, because I've done it with kensai, wizard slayer, and berserker. It would have been easier if the engine add them automatically, but sadly, it isn't the case.

About spellbook, I build a new spellbook for every casters anyway.

Because in BG1, most casters have completely broken spellbooks, with an average selection of spells.

For joinable cleric NPC in BG1, there are only branwen and viconia. other are mutliclass.

I have a last question:

you made some changes in spells (or fixes). but theses changes may not be adapted for tutu.

I found a solution in my mod : the first component replace tutu's spell by BG2 ones. I will make it as a small separate mod because it should be installed straight after tutufix. This is needed to apply patches (bg2 fixpack and other fixes done by myself).

Cheers and happy new year!

Yes, go for it.

For actual implementation, the best way would probably be to look at how we kit Viccy and Branwen. The full code is on the wiki, but it's basically these steps:

• Check kitlist.2da for the kit number

• Assign the kit number to the creature files

• Remove illegal spells from the spellbook

You don't need to assign kit abilities or anything else to the creature files, as the engine applies the kit (and its abilities) to a character every time they join and re-join the party.

As an aside, the last version including appropriate kitting for all joinable and non-joinable NPCs for BG2 (i.e. Priests of Oghma are now Lorekeepers). We didn't quite get to Tutu (though the Viconia and Branwen components have been in there since the beginning) but we will do a more thorough Tutu review for a future review.

Archived