fi
)

AT_UNINSTALL:

if [[ -f bg2fixpack/backup-chitin-do-not-remove.key]]; then 
 rm chitin.key;
 mv bg2fixpack/backup-chitin-do-not-remove.key chitin.key;
fi
)

Good idea. :O But why not a C_E like the iplot items?

Due to WeiDU coding, it won't work, since WeiDU loads both override and biff version, even if it was already found in the override.

I can change this to not loading biff if found in override, but if you want v185 compatibility it won't work.

I'm pleasantly surprised to report that low-tech wins the day.

BEGIN ~Testing~

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0087.are~ ~override/xr2400.are~
             ~ar0087.are~ ~override/xr2600.are~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.are$~ ~override~
 READ_BYTE 0x10 "foo"

With or without the GLOB flag, this works just fine without a need to mess with the keyfile. :D

Yeah, I was surprised it worked as well. My original idea was just to create a new biff with xr2400.are and xr2600.are and just COPY it to the data folder.

In all seriousness, who runs a C_E_R on wed/tis/bmp? I don't like messing with the key file, especially through an external script where someone might close WeiDU before it runs.

In all seriousness, who runs a C_E_R on wed/tis/bmp? I don't like messing with the key file, especially through an external script where someone might close WeiDU before it runs.

That's what AT_[iNTERACTIVE_]NOW is for :D

For C_E_R sake, you can just

weidu --biff data\\progtest.bif > list_of_files_to_remove

weidu --biff data\\progtes2.bif >> list_of_files_to_remove

cat list_of_files_to_remove | sed "s/[^ ]* contains *\([^ ]*\).*/\1/g" > list_of_files_to_remove

to get the list of files in list_of_files_to_remove. Code speaks for itself :D

I think you've missed my question twice now. :D The xr2400.are and xr2600.are files fixes are good, since they address Real Issues Faced By Modders™. Why would we bother with the rest?

edit: For the record, the Ding0 is advising that I'm being way too fussy and anal-retentive here. Anyone else? :D

I'm pleasantly surprised to report that low-tech wins the day.

BEGIN ~Testing~

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0087.are~ ~override/xr2400.are~
             ~ar0087.are~ ~override/xr2600.are~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.are$~ ~override~
 READ_BYTE 0x10 "foo"

With or without the GLOB flag, this works just fine without a need to mess with the keyfile. :)

To drag up an old topic, I should note that this is not a persistent fix. I'm going to speculate on WeiDU internals as to why this is the case and the bigg can verify if he's so inclined.

The above code works. However, if the xr* areas are not copied in the same session as the C_E_R then you'll get the standard error message. I'm speculating that WeiDU keeps an internal list of resources in the override file that it has previously copied, and uses it when given a GLOB parameter to avoid BIFF calls.

In short, this workaround is dandy for mods that want to use it locally when doing C_E_Rs on area files--I use it for BG2 Tweaks--but it serves no purpose in the Fixpack. Suggest we remove for beta 2.

Archived