Boo should appear in the quickslot plz.

Such a hack. It's also conceivable (however unlikely) that Minsc gets eaten 65,000 times. Honestly, I'd:

1) Make sure it's a problem

2) Does giving Boo 0 charges help?

3) Ask if anyone even knows what the nishruu problem was

4) Does giving Boo an invalid ability type help?

5) Is it even worth it just to get Boo to show up, when BioWare never (ever) bothered to do it?

6) Does giving Boo 65536 charges help?

If the answer to 1 is no, then huzzah. Else I'd really only be satisfied with 2.

Unfortunately, this would require someone with a virgin SoA install, and for the purposes of the fixpack, I doubt anyone wants to waste the time and space required just to make it with Boo.

So, I vote to just do something and pretend it works until somebody mentions it doesn't.

IIRC, Nishruus eat anything with > 0 abilities, and a number of nonmagical items have extraneous Default(0) abilities with 0 charges. Extremist wrote a pretty good descript of the problem in the SP Fixpack docs.
They certainly don't eat generic weapons. Did you try giving Boo a melee or ranged ability with 0 charges? What about setting some invalid value for ability type?

Clearly the solution is that Boo should recharge daily.
Ah, yes. Be not dismayed when Boo disappears for eight hours. Boo is small and quick, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search...

100 replies later, I now thoroughly hate Boo. It deserves to be eaten. We should hack in a little blood spray and kill Minsc too.

How about extending to baldur\(25\)?.bcs a snippet that equips misc79.itm (or whatever the code name is) in the right slot. Doing so would require using

258 FillSlot(I:Slot*SLOTS)

in conjunction with

278 TakeItemReplace(S:Give*,S:Take*,O:Object*)

(in which order items to equip are evaluated for FillSlot? if from inv1 to inv16 we're screwed, if in alphabetical order we can use !!!!!boo.itm, as '!' has an ascii of 33, the lowest printable character after ' ' 32; if the order is reverse-alphabetical, then _____boo.itm, as '_' is 95 ASCII, and anything >=96 are reserved chars, or lowercase chars, or non standard chars. http://www.technology.niagarac.on.ca/cours.../AsciiTable.jpg)

----

EDIT: done some testing, FillSlot is crap. For sake of explaination, we want to fill SLOT_AMMO, and the inventory contains, in CLUAConsole order, arow01, arow03, arow02. If the destination slot is empty, it will process all inventory entries that can match in increasing order, effectively removing all items except the one that gets FillSlot-ed (SLOT_AMMO will contain arow02, while arow01 and arow03 are deleted). Moreover, if the slot you'd wish to fill is non-empty (SLOT_AMMO contains arow02, and we summon arow01, arow04, arow03), it doesn't get changed, but instead all inventory slots which contain a item that could have put in said slot are pointed to the same itm entry as the last matching entry (SLOT_AMMO will still contain arow02, while the three inventory slots will contain arow03; the .cre structure will not contain three item structures, but only one, which will be referenced three times). If you move any of these pointers between the inventory (dunno about putting them in SLOTS_AMMO), nothing happens. If you drop any of these items on the ground, you'll get a CTD after some seconds. If the item you dropped was unidentified, you'll be left with two blue, non-removable slots in your inventory. Putting the item back is another recipe for CTD.

Archived