Help for Mac-users

Loriel

Because of the recent downtime at the Adventurer's Spa & Grill (and because I couldn't find another Mac-only IE-related site), I have started a forum for the Mac IE community. Everyone is welcome to come check it out, especially if you are having questions regarding BG1Tutu Mac installation, PC to Mac mod conversions, or any other Mac-related issues. I'm hoping to spread the word, since I don't have many emails for my friends at the AS&G.

EDIT:

Unfortunately, the MacInfinity forums as well as my downloads site is experiencing some technical difficulties. As a result, I couldn't contact the users of the forums, so I'm putting the word out at all the major sites. We will be moving to a different hosting company, hopefully in the next couple days. The domain should remain the same, so no need to change your bookmarks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

MacInfinity BG2 Downloads

MacInfinity forums

Problems with our old hosting service continue...so, here's the temporary urls:

MacInfinity BG2 Downloads

MacInfinity forums

Guest Guest

Unfortunately, the MacInfinity forums as well as my downloads site is experiencing some technical difficulties. As a result, I couldn't contact the users of the forums, so I'm putting the word out at all the major sites. We will be moving to a different hosting company, hopefully in the next couple days. The domain should remain the same, so no need to change your bookmarks. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Loriel's BG2 Downloads

MacInfinity forums

Your de-archiver didn't set execute permission on the .command file. Do this:

1) Run Terminal. It's in /Applications/Utilities.

2) Type: chmod +x drag-n-drop-the-.command-file-here-then-press-Return

You can now double-click the .command file. If you then get a "Setup-XXX: Permission denied" message, you'll also have to do the above with the Setup-XXX file.

I'm getting this weird error after I tried to install NPC Tweaks for the first time. Here's a copy of my Terminal messages when I tried to re-install it again. I'm getting this with every mod I try now.

Jason-Longs-Computer:/BGII - SoA jasonlong$ ./setup-NPC_Tweak

[./setup-NPC_Tweak] WeiDU version 21000

{Setup-Ascension} queried version = 21000

[./setup-NPC_Tweak] Using scripting style "BG2"

Choose your language:

0 [English]

1 [Français (by Graoumf)]

2 [Español (by Saemon)]

Using Language [English]

Install Component [Anomen]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Anomen]

Copying and patching 1 file ...

Copying and patching 1 file ...

Copying and patching 6 files ...

Extending game scripts ...

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Anomen], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 9 files for [NPC_TWEAK.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 9 files for [NPC_TWEAK.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Sys_error("override/AR1001.bcs: Too many open files")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-NPC_TWEAK.DEBUG to maguswizardo@gmail.com

Using Language [English]

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [NPC_TWEAK.TP2]: Sys_error("NpcTweak/English/setup.tra: Too many open files")

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error("NpcTweak/English/setup.tra: Too many open files")

This is the second time that this has happened right after I installed NPC Tweak; I started all over again, but I really don't want to have to do it all over yet again.

Anybody got any ideas?

If you're using Mac OS X 10.4 or later, try opening Terminal and entering the following:

ulimit -n unlimited

Once you hit return, you should return to a normal prompt (there's no feedback for success). Then cd to your BG2 folder and run the ./setup-NPC_Tweak again.

That worked. Thanks a bunch!

Curious that the same cure worked for two problems expressed differently. 'Cause I'd wondered about that in relation to the earlier poster's issue.

One small additional point, I get the same "too many files open" error when I double-click on the command script, but it works just fine if I use the manual ./setup-mod command.

Yeah, WeiDU runs around opening all the files it can, which can sometimes run afoul of the user limits. If you're doing heavy mod installs, you can always run `ulimit -n unlimited -s 65536` beforehand to raise the limit on open files (to 10K) and stack size (to 64M), which may cut down on instances of these types of errors and the occasional segfault with mods that overuse COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP (although, that was more an issue in earlier versions of Mac OS X).

Had to roll back the mods to put in a hotfix that I'd missed earlier and decided to add SoS and CtB since I've never played them. But I started a test game and no text is visible. I have vague memories that this might be related to one or the other of these mods, but searches on their forums turned up nothing. Is this fixable or do I need to uninstall one or both? I've been following the instructions from BWP, but I skipped these two last time around and had no graphics problems.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v8

~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #3 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET

~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE

~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen

~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #7 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.66 WeiDU

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tougher Sendai (ToB Required)

2~ #0 #1 // Masterwork Weapons: v2

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tougher Sendai (ToB Required)

~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar: 1.13

~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies: 1.11

~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores: 2.2

~SETUP-CTB_FF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check the Bodies Fast Forward, v1.1 (for CtB v1.8 or later)

Had to roll back the mods to put in a hotfix that I'd missed earlier and decided to add SoS and CtB since I've never played them. But I started a test game and no text is visible. I have vague memories that this might be related to one or the other of these mods, but searches on their forums turned up nothing. Is this fixable or do I need to uninstall one or both? I've been following the instructions from BWP, but I skipped these two last time around and had no graphics problems.

I don't know much about running a megamod on Macs, but I know, that you can't use our BiG World Fixpack, which you need for some mods if you want to install them. Ascension and BG2 Fixpack is an example, but more important is, that you shouldn't install BG2 Fixpack with Baldurdash togother without the BiG World Fixpack. And I don't know if a mod must be made Mac compatible. You can install all G3 mods on a Mac, but I don't know if you can install SoS or CtB on Macs. Here we need someone who can give us some advices, but for your install, take BG2 Fixpack only and don't use it together with Baldurdash.

Greetings Leomar

Archived