Kivan's gift is too boring?

I really not very inventive about the items, so Kivan's gift, being somewhat of a druidic thinggy gives +1 to CHA, and +1 to WIS. While in no way overpowering item in ToB, it seems to me it is pretty much useless unless the character is a cleric/druid.

Should the second bonus depend on the character's class? Or should it just be beloved DEX?

Or is there anything better you can think of for it to do? (It is important that it would be something that some other thing is doing already, so I could just copy and paste the effects, since I am like level -3 item maker)

Alternatively it just could do nothing. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I really not very inventive about the items, so Kivan's gift, being somewhat of a druidic thinggy gives +1 to CHA, and +1 to WIS. While in no way overpowering item in ToB, it seems to me it is pretty much useless unless the character is a cleric/druid.

Should the second bonus depend on the character's class? Or should it just be beloved DEX?

Or is there anything better you can think of for it to do? (It is important that it would be something that some other thing is doing already, so I could just copy and paste the effects, since I am like level -3 item maker)

Alternatively it just could do nothing. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I love dex all characters can use it.

Maybe something that helps with panic? You know, soothing like love is.  Isn't there a cape that has that effect that canbe pasted?  I just know that panic is a pain and love IS soothing...

Yes, the nymph cloak in the beholder Tear of Bhaal challenge. Kiel's helmet also protects against all forms of panic, or so the description says (and it works). Or you could take it a step further and use the Shield of Harmony as a template.

Yes, the nymph cloak in the beholder Tear of Bhaal challenge. Kiel's helmet also protects against all forms of panic, or so the description says (and it works). Or you could take it a step further and use the Shield of Harmony as a template.

Oh, I forgot about the helmet and shield. We'll have to see what Domi thinks, but for one I like the idea of something to help with fear and panic.

I like the idea of fear/panic, but iirc there are some kits that are immune, or can be made immune via innates; so, perhaps, this immunity for everyone and dex bonus for the kits that have it already (one of paladins, beserker)? Or something else for them?

Chaotic commands... (Sola's lovely sword from Weimer's mod...) Saves six seconds in Watcher's Keep, Sendai's Lair and many, many other places, where you have to cast this on the whole party.

(Though the question arises: if Kivan was able to make such a gift for Her, why not for himself?)

That's always a problem with the gifts that are too powerful. So, that is one reason I am thinking if a bonust to charisma is the only appropriate thing... The power of WUV is another answer, of course. :D

I only have one more thought on this so far, maybe something that could give chrname improved haste once a day or maybe somethign that could help her go invisible or eathereal (sp?) once a day. And about powerful items have you seen Tsujathas gift to chrname in his romance?Holy crap! This is my fave mod so far at g3 that I want to play. Thanks!

I just want something romantic, rather than powerful, to be honest (ToB has quite a selection of powerful items) so that's why I like the immunity to fear/panic so much. So, I would want to start from love, rather than from useful. What you are talking about gives me an idea, maybe not invisible, but the mirror image? (Yes, I *know* I had a dirty joke about it in Coran's romance). The problem with haste is that the spell is supposed to steal years of the person's life, so I would be careful with adding it into the lover's gift.

How about the Nature's Beauty spell once per day?

How about the Nature's Beauty spell once per day?

Um, one of the most powerful divine spells in the game? (The one which blinds *permanently* without a save?)

I think it's great, naturally, powergaming-wise (since I love the spell, but don't normally have a druid in my party), but since you don't want power, I don't know...

Well, the player is only having 1 chance in 20 to recieve the gift, since it is built into the random flirts, and we are in ToB. I remeber using it a couple of times with my druids, and it did not really do much for me. :D I will try it in the game again and see if it is really devastating.

Something useless and powerfull at the sametime,well lest see,how about a ring of protection +3 that is entertwined with Kivan`s hair.That way it is sweet and usefull.

I like your idea allready though,so how about using it as a helmet of sorts that protects from panic and or fear.Or if you want class specific,how about a charm animal bracelet or Become one with nature amulet.....Or perhaps it can be entirely useless and it`s a pledge of Kivan`s love.....

The only reason, I thought about class, or rather kit specific with fear/panic thing, was because a couple of kits has it *already*. So, basically, I was going to do two versions, one for the kits that do not have the said protection, and the seconf for those who do.

So, how about:

For the kits that do not have fear block: Immunity to Fear/ Nature's Beauty once per day

For the kits that have fear block: +50% fire/cold resistance/ Nature's Beauty once per day

That looks pretty good. Nature's Beauty is an Area of effect blindness, from memory, so that's not super powerful (or does it kill as well? I remember it being pretty high level). Perhaps drop the fire/cold resistance % just a tad. There's quite a bit of that floating about and it's already possible to get a character totally immune to fire and still have some left over.

Archived