* Status/Update

I'm wondering if I'll run into problems with the Shadow Orcs. They look different in IWD1, and I'm not sure if they use a different or non-existant animation in IWD2.
They use the translucency (#66) effect. If it doesn't exist in ID2, you can probably get away with the blur effect, but I think it gives them an AC bonus (although if it exists at all, it might have additional properties in ID2).
It sets up BG1tutu in an Installshield wizard program which just copies necissary files from BG1 and BG2, while leaving thier installations alone. All you have to do with it is run the .exe and it installs tutu.

The fact that you have to ask what it is isn't a good sign...

This is probably something that would be worried about after more than the first area in the game is working.

It sets up BG1tutu in an Installshield wizard program which just copies necissary files from BG1 and BG2, while leaving thier installations alone. All you have to do with it is run the .exe and it installs tutu.

The fact that you have to ask what it is isn't a good sign...

Oh, install shield. Yes, that would come much later. In fact, I'd be happy to let someone else code up the install shield wrapper once the the mod is stable.

For now, the mod runs in the same way as BG1Tutu runs (or used to run). It's simply an executable to run in a console window. If you've had any experience running WeiDU.exe, then you should have no problem with iw12.exe

-Fred

Those Orc Archers are done, I'm having a bit more trouble with putting a reasonable Yeti together. I'll keep you all posted :)

WOW! I thought the project was dead... Last time I checked was around...

um October? And what do I see? A beta test! Great work!

Those Orc Archers are done, I'm having a bit more trouble with putting a reasonable Yeti together. I'll keep you all posted :)

WOW! I thought the project was dead... Last time I checked was around...

um October? And what do I see? A beta test! Great work!

Well, I'm really happy to create a nice surprise! :)

There is a long way to go, but the path is becoming clearer. I am starting to have some optimism for this mod working out in the end.

How is the mod going? Any progress?

Signed and dated roughly a month ago with no reply...

Please! Don't leave your faithful following!

Don't worry, he probablly just had a little happenstance of real-life interference (It is spring after all!) but will be back later with a genious idea or solution that will bring the project back on track with more awesome and genious fixes that will bring us all a step closer to happiness!

So just buckle up with a Potion of Patience , and await the glorious return! :)

Rome wasn't toppled in a day you know.