sounds would be great too. :thumbsup:

Guest Rotgar/maggit

BTW, greetings from the Circle of Eight... I noticed

that you were there some time ago... but somehow

I didn't connect the two facts. :) I really can't wait

to play IWD on the 3rd edition rules.

Guest Guest

Hi!

I think that's a great project as d&d3E is much better.

I wonder if it was possible to use the old IWD1 look and feel?

That would be great as I couldn't stand playing IWD with the IWD2 interface.

Having the original interface just feels more authentic.

What do you think about the idea? I know that the interface has changed alot and even got better....

I don't think so. The game will be using the IWD2 engine, and thus defaults to the IWD2 look. Also with the large changes to how the User Interface works, both with changable buttons, and different setups, no longer using the sides etc. I don't think it would be possible to put the IWD1 lookinto IWD2 at all.

Guest Michael Furlong

Are you sure? You can now play BG1 tutu with a BG1 style, why would it not be possible to do a similar thing for IDtutu?

However i really am not bothered, ill be very happy with a playable icewind tutu, and id rather that be done or quests added than an interface change.

Are you sure? You can now play BG1 tutu with a BG1 style, why would it not be possible to do a similar thing for IDtutu?

However i really am not bothered, ill be very happy with a playable icewind tutu, and id rather that be done or quests added than an interface change.

Yes, there is a very large difference between the IWD2 User Interface, and the one used in BG1/2/IWD1, The difference between BG1 and BG2 is just the "colors" more or less, so the mod you are refering to is mainly about extracting the BG1 graphics and put them into the override folder of BG2 (the tutu install). All the buttons and such are placed in the same manner, and does the same things.

IWD2 have a completelly different layout/look, all the buttons are placed at different places, the info box, portraits, etc all is in different places, and setup in a differetn manner. Also you can change the buttons on the menu, how would that work with the old BG1/2 style buttons that are a set "list" ?

Guest Tbz

I just dropped in here and saw this in progress, and I just want to say I love what your doing, It would be great to play IWD1 on the IWD2 engine thingy (you know what I mean) so don't give up hope! We're all rooting for you!

I just dropped in here and saw this in progress, and I just want to say I love what your doing, It would be great to play IWD1 on the IWD2 engine thingy (you know what I mean) so don't give up hope! We're all rooting for you!

me too, but seems this board hasn't update for a while :band:

me too, but seems this board hasn't update for a while :)

Unfortunatelly, there has been next to no life signs from Fred since late summer.

Edit: If Fred is not going to, or don't have time to continue this mod. Would have been fun to at least get to try the last version he worked on. Tried Icewind Dale 1 again couple of days back, and I just really can't stand the 2E system anylonger. Loosing interest to play the game becose of that.

Edited by cewander

Guest maggit

me too, but seems this board hasn't update for a while :suspect:

Unfortunatelly, there has been next to no life signs from Fred since late summer.

Edit: If Fred is not going to, or don't have time to continue this mod. Would have been fun to at least get to try the last version he worked on. Tried Icewind Dale 1 again couple of days back, and I just really can't stand the 2E system anylonger. Loosing interest to play the game becose of that.

Maybe he should release what he's done up till now and let someone else finish?

Wonder if he still has the files, though.

Guest Tiefling Fan

I found a fatal error in Fred's Post!!!!

A big discovery!!!

BG2     IWD1    WD2

the "WD2" missed an "I" to become "IWD2" =D

the fatal error was just a joke lol~

Guest Michael Furlong

Hello, not wanting to be the negative sort of person who screams vapourware or some such if their has been inactivity for a few days, but, it has been 10 and a half month since Richardson's last post. Which is odd seeing as the last post is talking about the release of another demo.

Does anyone know what is going on?

IT looks like alot of work and effort has gone into this mod, and it would be a shame to see it fall, I would fully understand if life has gotten in the way of the mod, but if that is the case would their be any way to release the work done so far to the public, while I am not a modder, I would like to see a final version. I have itchy fingers waiting to play a Icewind dale 1 and 2 marathon, and i have no doubt, someone would pick up on the work from where Richardson has left off.

hi! i have two questions :

1) is this work still in progress? 

2) is there any way to play IWD tutu in heart of fury mode ?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this