Welcome and Hello!

FredSRichardson

Now if I can only figure out how to run the Ocaml debug version of WeiDU (I'm not sure if this works, but the linux compile targets should be close for native cygwin).

If you're using the set of Makefiles distributed with WeiDU, you must undefine NATIVECAML in the Makefile (= comment out the relevant line, not set to 0) and run make clean; make. After that, run the program (which is compiled to bytecode instead of native) with ocamldebug rather than ocamlrun (ocamldebug nameofyourfile). See the OCaml docs for further details :)

Thank you! Thank you! TBigg! :)

How are you doing? I hope the burden of WeiDU isn't weighing too heavily on you these days. I know you've been bearing the full brunt of it for some time.

-Fred

How are you doing?  I hope the burden of WeiDU isn't weighing too heavily on you these days.  I know you've been bearing the full brunt of it for some time.

Well, I (and the people posting requests) had a big queue of things to ask. Now that that is mostly flushed, it is mostly fix minor stuff or some help desk, it ain't that bad :)

I still have a big WeiDU-related project I'm working through at a relaxed pace - just to keep trained :)

I'm dusting off the code again, but something suddenly isn't working.  Specifically, the dialog triggers aren't getting parsed.

Now if I can only figure out how to run the Ocaml debug version of WeiDU (I'm not sure if this works, but the linux compile targets should be close for native cygwin).

Well, clearly I bunged the code somewhere along the line.  But hopefully some progress on this stuff soon :)

There were some fairly egregious lexing issues in some of the initial versions by the bigg that would cause WeiDU to barf and just chuck the D action/trigger lists out as-is. This would especially affect ID dialogues.

I don't know if you're using v185 or if you updated to a later version, but it may be something to check for.

I'm dusting off the code again, but something suddenly isn't working.  Specifically, the dialog triggers aren't getting parsed.

Well, clearly I bunged the code somewhere along the line.  But hopefully some progress on this stuff soon :)

There were some fairly egregious lexing issues in some of the initial versions by the bigg that would cause WeiDU to barf and just chuck the D action/trigger lists out as-is. This would especially affect ID dialogues.

I don't know if you're using v185 or if you updated to a later version, but it may be something to check for.

Hey there and thanks!

Now that you mention it, the problem did seem to pop up after porting changes to a newer version of WeiDU. I'll check for this. Thanks!

-Fred

Guess he read the WeiDU dev forums very carefully, given he's there too :)

Guest raptor

I to would like to voise my interest in this project. I am eagerly drinking down potions of patience while waiting for you to finish it.

Thank you.

-raptor

Archived