IWD2: Turning off monster stat bonuses

Guest Koki

Well not much to write with title explaining much. As a part of so called balancing game gives monsters bonuses to keep them challenging. Now Some People just think that Goblins with 100HP, +10 to hit and +19 damage are not fun at all. So is there any way to turn off this... feature?

Sounds like you're playing on Heart of Fury mode. I'm not sure if you can turn this off in a game in progress. You might have to start a new game (which you can always import your party into). Difficulty and Heart of Fury settings can be accessed in the configuration program.

What, goblins have those bonuses and you're sure you're not playing Heart of Fury?

Pretty much, yes.

To test this I created Drow Monk and Dalekeepered her all stats to 40. I had about 45AC in Shaengarne Ford, and Orcs were hitting me a lot(Or at least much more than was probable with only criticals). They also had about twice as much HP as normal. That was 6th level, so 8 effective character level(Drow +2). All this at normal mode with Very Easy diff.

I don't think the game makes enemies tougher as you get more powerful; the experience awarded from killing them just goes down. A goblin should have the same statistics whatever your character level. It is just Heart of Fury mode which increases monster abilities (and it is quite easy to enable it and then forget).

Archived