Deactivate Door From In-Game Script

Macready

Hello -

I was wondering if anyone knew whether it is possible to deactivate a door using an in-game script. I looked through the ACTION.IDS file, and the closest thing I could find was AttachTransitionToDoor, which sounded like it might allow you to specify a new destination (none, in this case), but it didn't work.

Is in-game scripted deactivation of an existing door possible?

EDIT: I should probably clarify my question by stating that when I say "door," I am referring to an area-transition point, like a door leading into a house, or a staircase leading to a different floor.

EDIT2: I also just tried Deactivate(NearestDoor) and that didn't seem to do anything either.

If you're asking what I think you are, you want TriggerActivation(O:Object*,I:State*Boolean). In-game, this would usually take the form of TriggerActivation("DOOR1234",FALSE) (or TRUE, if you want to re-enable the transition). It only works on triggers (info points, travel triggers, traps, etc.), and you'll only want to use a literal object (the trigger name).

Deactivate() can only be used on creature objects.

Hello -

If you're asking what I think you are, you want TriggerActivation(O:Object*,I:State*Boolean). In-game, this would usually take the form of TriggerActivation("DOOR1234",FALSE) (or TRUE, if you want to re-enable the transition). It only works on triggers (info points, travel triggers, traps, etc.), and you'll only want to use a literal object (the trigger name).

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted. I've already tested it in-game and it worked great.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Note that the trigger will be permanently deactivated until you issue TriggerActivation("DisabledTrigger",TRUE), where "DisabledTrigger" is the name of the trigger you previously deactivated. The call can also be used to toggle transitions (see AR0700 in SoA -- the circus tent trigger is toggled so pre-Kalah goes to the illusionary funk, and post-Kalah goes to the tent interior).

Archived