TPTWS22ABGT vs BGT Tutu

Drew

Which name will be better? BGT Tutu or TPTWS22ABGT?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that, while funny, TPTWS22ABGT just isn't going to work as a name for The Project That Will Supersede Tutu And BGT. I'm posting here in an effort to find a better name for TPTWS22ABGT and since all discussions about TPTWS22ABGT at spellhold degenerate eventually into a Tutu vs BGT kind of thing I thought Noobermeet would be the best neutral ground for the naming discussion.

Having Troika anywhere in the name of the new project would kill it before the project has even begun, in my opinion. Troika was the name of the developers of the game so terrible it should never be mentioned in civilised company.

Tutology. That's how I call it anyway.

Aw, it's a pun, actually. "Troika" means "Trinity/Triad/Trilogy" in Russian.

Uhm, I think you are at least partially confusing it with "Troitza"; Troyka is along the lines of the grade "C" and the three-horse hitch.

Uhm, I think you are at least partially confusing it with "Troitza"; Troyka is along the lines of the grade "C" and the three-horse hitch.

I am not a religious believer, so I sometimes use this somewhat sneering term towards Trinity. An Orthodox wouldn't say that, I agree.

As for the project, I just call it "merger". Works for me.

Ultimately, I think the name is going to need elements of both names or elements of neither in order to avoid inter-community bitching. Variations on BGT and variations on Tutu are (stupid though it may be) going to degenerate into arguments. In my opinion it's just a label, but many people are likely to make a big deal out of this. My money says that when the project gets released it'll be called BGT-Tutu because it was the only name that didn't offend someone. Even though it sucks.

Seriously, call it anything anyone wants -- if it has as much effort put into doing as discussing, it will out-perform all of the lackluster "new" eye-candy RPGs out there by a factor of 20. 'Course, I can talk big, but still need to learn a great deal more about programming before I can put my money where my mouth is...

My vote is for a sidestep of the issue, and call it "TheSaga v. 1" or "TBS v.1". The City is an important character, but not for the entire game series. Come to think of it, Domi's "Tutology" works on several levels -- especially attractive to jazz musicians, Egyptologists, and teachers... hmmm.

Archived