New Kit for Elven Fighter/Mages: Bladesinger

St_Vitruvius

Now I've created the basic kit. I still have to find the code detailing the change_class-command (I somehow seem to NOT being ablo to find the code) and assigning special abilities, adding bonuses ect.

As for assigning special abilities I need to create af CLAB****.2da-file. Is there a list of abrevations for the different spells, abilities ect. one can use? I mean, how do I know what to write when assigning bonuses to AC or something different?

Another question is: How do I create new abillities? If you can point me at a guide, I'd be gratefull.

The way I do new abilities or alter stats is by looking at spells that do all or part of what I'm looking for in NI. I then take the relevant effects from the spell and use them. The good modders around here probably have a better way.

You can't open classes to new races, unfortunately.

What about a rather out-of-character (but unfortunately the best we can do) workaround: When the game begins, as soon as Irenicus stops torturing you and before Imoen opens your cage, how about we add an invisible creature that asks you what race and class you want to be? This could allow for combinations that would be illegal during Character Creation, but still make perfect sense: Elven Druids, Gnomish Jesters, Halfling Fighter/Clerics, etc. Just start with a Human or Half-Elf of the appropriate class & kit, and all the script would have to change is the avatar, paperdoll, Saving Throws, and Thieving Skills if applicable.

I've browsed through my override folder and found some abilities used for other kits (Blademaster for the special maneuvers, Arcane Fist for the bonus to THAC0 and AC).

My next problem is how to create those files for my kit, where to put the files ect. for the kit to work.

oh, and by the way: I still can't seem to find the code for TDDsinTDD and the Change Class command. Can someone help me out?

You create custom spells with the effects you want and add the spells to the override folder with WEIDU then you put those spells in the CLAB for the kit.

Can't help you with TDDsinTDD (because my spanish is horrible), but if you ask around at spellhold studios I'm sure someone could hook you up with the relevant tp2 excerpts.

You can't open classes to new races, unfortunately.

What about a rather out-of-character (but unfortunately the best we can do) workaround: When the game begins, as soon as Irenicus stops torturing you and before Imoen opens your cage, how about we add an invisible creature that asks you what race and class you want to be?

Yeah, that would work mechanically, but as you say is sub-optimal.

Just to let you know how far I've got.

I've looked through everyhing I could find about the Bladesinger Kit in TDD. I've created most of the special abilities I could and added them in the clab-file.

The next thing I got to do is write the code that copies spells and abilities, makes him gain HLA as a Fighter/Mage. I will try to upload the files when I've done what I could at the moment.

There are four major issues, that I'm still not sure on how to change.

First of all, I don't know how to make his Parry and Disarm Skills increace as he gains levels.

Secondly, I don't know how to make changes in the script so he starts gaining wizard-spells at level 1, instead of 8 as in TDD.

What other special maneuvers, other than Parry and Disarm, should he have?

How do I remove his Elven "+1 to Bows" bonus? And how do I give him a -1 with all other weapons than his Chosen Weapon and +1 one with it?

The last thing is how to give him a melee-only AC Bonus. I've just given him an AC Bonus, as I didn't know what to do.

If you want a melee only AC bonus you can give the standard bonus and counterbalance it with a ranged AC penalty. Alternately, you could address each damage type individually and simply not apply a bonus for missile damage, but that sounds like a pain in the ass, to me.

You could always just give the bladesinger a -1 penalty with all ranged weapons and a +1 bonus to melee. For all practical intents and purposes, you get the same thing.

I think you're probably doing just fine with Parry and Disarm.

If you want a melee only AC bonus you can give the standard bonus and counterbalance it with a ranged AC penalty.

I think that is the best way to do it. If I did it the otherway I'd be giving him an AC bonus against Slashing and Crushing/Blunt but not against piercing damage. That wouldn't have the same effect as short swords are piercing and bullets are blunt.

You could always just give the bladesinger a -1 penalty with all ranged weapons and a +1 bonus to melee.  For all practical intents and purposes, you get the same thing.

Both yes and no.. He's only suppoesed to get +1 with a single weapon type, the weapon of his/her choise. With all other weapons he's to get a -1 penalty but also he has to gain a futher -1 penalty while using bows.

The files as they are today can be found Here.

It is far from complete, but I would be happy if someone could look through the code and see if anything/what is wrong. I know there are some bugs, but cannot identify the error.

My understanding is that it simply isn't possible to grant a bonus or penalty to a single weapon type. In fact, there is some question about whether elves even get +1 with swords and bows at all.

Time for a general update on the mod so far..

I'm in the process of getting the basics of the mod working and redefining abilities later.

The class description have been added, but I need to figure out how to add the kit description after the class have been changed to Fighter/Mage.

The Names of the new special abilities doesn't show. IT just says: "F1:"

The Kit it self is playable as it is now, but it is not complete. The ingame decsription is inaccurate. So don't mind if you don't get the abilities listed in the description.

The mod is essentially the Bladesinger Kit from TDDsinTDD, which I'm trying get to work and will later on modify.

Sincerelly

St_Vitruvius

Archived