Installing Troubles + Kit Problems

Guest Darkfire

Guest Darkfire

Hi,

I recently installed this mod on BG1Tutu but the first time it crashed (a full CTD) and when I try to reinstall it complains on installing any of the kits. I reinstalled BG2 again and tried again and this time it worked.

However I created a main character as a Bowslinger and I never got any special attacks as was described in the kit's description....

Since then I have moved onto the BG2, and I am having serious problems installing the mod again. I see there is a record of a bug, but I can't see any workaround or fix...

Is there a way of installing this thing without it crashing and forcing me to completely reinstall BG2 to clear it? And is there something wrong with the Bowslinger Kit class?

Thanks in advance

Guest Bardamu

I've installed BGTutu, Tutu fix and Tutu Tweaks. When I want install Divine Remix, at a moment, it crashes and the installation is aborted -__-

Not the core but the kits, and not the same : it may crash during one of the Cleric Kits or Ranger Kit.

I too had this same issue; I have a couple more mods installed, but the three mentioned above as well. It was giving the Windows "weidu.exe must close; sorry for the inconvenience" box. I finally had to make a backup of my override, and install in "steps". (A few components in, quit and restart the .exe)

I don't think so. I got a crash installing one standalone component with v188. This wasn't with the new memory clearing functions, which remain my last hope, short of tracking down the WeiDU bug that's causing this.

Once you download WeiDu, rename the exe to setup-divine_remix.exe (or whatever mod it is you're replacing the installer for) and it should work just like the original.

No, i'm having this issue with weiduv190. I looked through the windows error report, and it looks like it's encountering some sort of "out of memory" issue.

I find that if I "install in small doses"--the shut down the installer, start back up and do a couple more components, repeat...I can get the job done eventually.

I also instinctively make a backup of my override folder "just before" running devine remix. The first time this happened, I lost hours worth of installs (divine remix partially installed, with no record in weidu.log--the reinstallation made things even worse). So, if it crashes...delete the bad override, copy/paste the good (pre-) folder.

Once you download WeiDu, rename the exe to setup-divine_remix.exe (or whatever mod it is you're replacing the installer for) and it should work just like the original.

No, i'm having this issue with weiduv190. I looked through the windows error report, and it looks like it's encountering some sort of "out of memory" issue.

I find that if I "install in small doses"--the shut down the installer, start back up and do a couple more components, repeat...I can get the job done eventually.

I also instinctively make a backup of my override folder "just before" running devine remix. The first time this happened, I lost hours worth of installs (divine remix partially installed, with no record in weidu.log--the reinstallation made things even worse). So, if it crashes...delete the bad override, copy/paste the good (pre-) folder.

EDIT: Heh, even better this time...it erased my entire weidu.log when it crashed! It crashed while I was entering "Q", for quit. Joy....I've been installing for about 10 hours now. Second-to-last mod.

Unfortunately I had also experienced frequent installation crashes (plus that problem with kitting Branwen mentioned in another thread) with Divine Remix.

It's always been a Windows Error and never happened installing the Core components but the kits or kitting the NPCs...

Archived