IDEA

Guest Grimo

I have an idea for a mod that creates a Nameless One NPC for BG2. It continues his story as told in Torment, bringing him to the Prime Material Planes. The player could meet him in the Astral Prison and embark on a Torment-related side-quest with the Big Blue Zombie in their party! I'm a writer, not a modder, so CAN ANYONE MOD FOR ME!?

Ok here's an original idea of mine.

You meet a guy called Green Jack in the Copper Coronet. He's a Chaotic Good Human Fighter who boasts 'Heal' and 'Call Beastly' as special abilities. Beastly is his mystical hound, who is a fromidable ally. He can summon him once a day. He also comes equipped with the 'Emerald Plate' which has a good armour class modifier and makes the wearer immune to fear. Green Jack was something of a folk hero in Waterdeep, keeping the villages and provinces outside the city walls safe from monsters and the like. When a Waterdavian criminal known only as the Evening Prayer sanctioned the murder of Jack's sister (for reasons unknown to Jack), Jack gave up his life as a protector of the common and gave chase to the Evening Prayer, tracking him to Athkatla. You can join him on this quest. He asks the hero if he has any gold to spare, having lost it all on dog fights. You can tell him you'll give him gold only after a period of service in your party, he agrees and tells you of his plight, and you agree to aid him. Jack almost became a paladin of Torm, but was too boisterous and roguish to complete his trials, but he still has healing abilities.

How's that?

What's that supposed to mean!? Why are modders so unkind?

Posting unregistered, starting more than three threads in two days dealing with similar topics, hitting out a large number of extravagant / unrealistic / drafted mod idea overviews, using several (at least three) exclamation marks, accusing "modders" to be unkind and arrogant pricks

=

troll.

Get yourself registered, and release a mod, and I'll apologise. Until then I will ignore your threads, and I highly appreciate the patience with which the people replay to your posts here.

Ok here's an original idea of mine.

You meet a guy called Green Jack in the Copper Coronet. He's a Chaotic Good Human Fighter who boasts 'Heal' and 'Call Beastly' as special abilities. Beastly is his mystical hound, who is a fromidable ally. He can summon him once a day. He also comes equipped with the 'Emerald Plate' which has a good armour class modifier and makes the wearer immune to fear. Green Jack was something of a folk hero in Waterdeep, keeping the villages and provinces outside the city walls safe from monsters and the like. When a Waterdavian criminal known only as the Evening Prayer sanctioned the murder of Jack's sister (for reasons unknown to Jack), Jack gave up his life as a protector of the common and gave chase to the Evening Prayer, tracking him to Athkatla. You can join him on this quest. He asks the hero if he has any gold to spare, having lost it all on dog fights. You can tell him you'll give him gold only after a period of service in your party, he agrees and tells you of his plight, and you agree to aid him. Jack almost became a paladin of Torm, but was too boisterous and roguish to complete his trials, but he still has healing abilities.

How's that?

That's more interesting. Why does he have healing abilities, though? Cure Light Wounds might be more appropriate than Heal, for power and roleplaying reasons.

One thing you may find is that a lot of people have ideas, and modders are normally too busy implementing their own. So the best way to make an idea happen is to learn how to mod and make it yourself.

That's very helpful Riffraff, thank-you. He has healing powers because he was almost a paladin. I tried to mod just before, using a tutorial. I failed, lol. Ill try again!

My point was that Heal is a 6th-level Priest spell which even Paladins cannot use... so perhaps Cure Light Wounds or Lay On Hands would be more appropriate, since they are lower-level spells which Paladins can cast.

My point was that Heal is a 6th-level Priest spell which even Paladins cannot use... so perhaps Cure Light Wounds or Lay On Hands would be more appropriate, since they are lower-level spells which Paladins can cast.

Well I've tried making an NPC ala the Pocketplane Beginner's tutorial. It says there is something wrong with the dialogue, but I can't figure out what. So I took the d file out and installed without it. It says it was successful, but Vondo isn't in the place he should be. Here's the Tp2 file and the baf file.

Tp2

BACKUP ~VondoTheNPC\backup~

AUTHOR ~ghreyfain@pocketplane.net~

BEGIN ~Vondo the NPC for BG2:ToB~

COPY ~VondoTheNPC\J#Vondo.cre~ ~override\J#Vondo.cre~

SAY NAME1 ~Vondo~

SAY NAME2 ~Vondo~

EXTEND_TOP ~Ar1000.bcs~ ~VondoTheNPC\ar1000.baf~

.baf

IF

Global("J#VondoExists","AR1000",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("J#VondoExists","AR1000",1)

CreateCreature("J#Vondo",[2537.102],3)

END

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~J#VondoTheJust J#VondoP J#VondoJ J#VondoD J#Von25P J#Von25J J#Von25D J#Vond25~

UNLESS ~J#VondoTheJust

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Well, with the dialogue file: please post the error that WeiDU gives you. It's generally very useful, giving you the exact line number of the problem so you can find your mistake and correct it.

As for the script: What do you mean he's not where he should be? Do you mean:

1) He's not appearing at all? If so, I'd recommend starting a new game (as you're probably using a game in which you'd already entered AR1000)

2) He's appearing somewhere else in AR1000?

I'm not sure, but it looks like you have your script block (the .baf part) in your TP2 file? If so, that's part of it. The .baf file should be a seperate one, not part of the TP2. just stick the .baf in your VondoTheNPC directory. Also, did you write the Vondo.d and Vondop.d bits as well?

Archived