Mod release etiquette

icelus

<ENGLISH>

Cheers for taking such a vested interest in the mod Ice, seeing as you revived your own thread a full two weeks your own last post.

;)

Still, I would take your sentiment more seriously if you weren't such an annoying troglodyte or if it was expressed in a manner that elicited a warm response.

Still, I'll saunter over to PPG next time and let you know when the next one is out eh?

<SPAMGLISH>

CHERS FOR TAKNG SUCH A V3STED INTER3ST IN DA MOD IEC SENG AS U REVIEVD UR OWN THREAD A FUL TWO WEKS UR OWN LAST POST

STIL1!!!111 OMG LOL I WUD TAEK UR SENTIEMNT MOR3 SERIOUSLY IF U WER3NT SUCH AN ANOYNG TROGLODYTA OR IF IT WAS EXPR3SAD IN A MANAR TAHT 3LICIETD A WARM RESPONSE

STIL!11!! IL SAUNTER OVER 2 PG N3XT TIEM AND LAT U KNOW WH3N DA NEXT ONE IS OUT 3H?!!?! WTF

Guys, you banned him for explaining how to release mods? Dumb. I think he's being fairly generous, given that I don't, in fact, give a shit if anybody plays your mods or not.

Sim, we did no such thing. All we did is make it impossible for him to guest post, and it was for trolling on our forums. As guest posting in the non-mod forums has now been disabled, the partial ban has been cancelled.

I should also point out that I likewise don't care about modding popularity. We're putting out mods because they're fun to make and we enjoy playing with them, not to become popular.

When you've released a mod and you're making the announcements at various places, it's always a good idea to give a brief description of what the mod is about. Just a message saying the mod's name and a link to the forum often will not attract many people's attention enough to check the mod out.

When you've released a mod and you're making the announcements at various places, it's always a good idea to give a brief description of what the mod is about.  Just a message saying the mod's name and a link to the forum often will not attract many people's attention enough to check the mod out.

I hope WeiDU is exempt from this rule ;)

I would say things like WeiDU, DLTCEP, etc. don't really need descriptions, as they're pretty much exclusively for modders. The average forum browser won't need to download them.

Mods, however, are a different matter, and just giving the name (especially if it's vague or obscure or what have you) is to be frowned upon.

Archived