Help the Newbie

Troll

Add a command to copy the spell to the override in your tp2 and add the spell to the CLAB (socko.2da) of your kit.

Yep, done that, still not working. Is there a tutorial anywhere on CLABS? I used one from the actual game as a basis, but it won't work.

Cam's tutorial has everything you could possibly need. You may also want to download one of the G3 kit mods for a reference.

HINT: Idobek's code is really, really clear and easy to read, although all you really need to look at is his CLAB files to get a feel for how it works.

I've tried everything, but it just won't use this custom spell as a kit ability. It just won't come up at all. Does it have to have the prefix GA_SPCL? I'm friggin' stumped. Can anyone help?

Everything should have the GA_ or PA_ prefix in the clab.

GA_[sPELLFILENAME] is short for Gain Ability (I think) and instructs the game to add the spell [sPELLFILENAME] as an innate ability to the character.

AP_[sPELLFILENAME] (is short for apply?) and instructs the game to cast [sPELLFILENAME] on the character - f.e. giving a bonus (HP, stealth,...) or granting immunities or protection.

While GA_ or AP_ are absolutely necessary, your spellname can be whatever you want (- and should preferably not start with SPCL - it's always better to use a personal prefix so that you don't overwrite content which has been added by another mod).

Hope this helps.

Archived