Cam's on vacation

CamDawg

Greetings from Tokyo!

You would think a city cellphones ads every two feet would have more WiFi connections, but instead I'm at a... questionable... Internet cafe trying to catch up on messages. We went out drinking with most of Japan last night--the 25th is payday over here, so this was the first Friday that everyone could go and drink. :D Anyway, the trip is going fine and we're heading to Kyoto next week for the cherry blossoms.

Greetings from Tokyo!

You would think a city cellphones ads every two feet would have more WiFi connections, but instead I'm at a... questionable... Internet cafe trying to catch up on messages. We went out drinking with most of Japan last night--the 25th is payday over here, so this was the first Friday that everyone could go and drink. :D Anyway, the trip is going fine and we're heading to Kyoto next week for the cherry blossoms.

Glad you're having a good time. :D

Howdy from Kyoto!

After a quick ride on the shinkansen (bullet train) we've arried in Kyoto, the old capitol. We went by a few of the temples, including the largest wooden structure on earth--something around 65,000 square feet if I converted my units correctly. Tomorrow we're heading to the old Imperial Palace and hitting a few of the other sightseeing spots, Japanese-style: by Tour Bus! We'll be here a few more days before returning to Tokyo. We're staying in a hotel with a connection, so I may be able to check in a bit mroe often over the next few days.

I saw the largest wooden/copper something (can't remember which).

It was a massive statue of the Buddha in a temple. Really big. And there was a pillar with a hole in it to crawl through, I forget the exact reasoning. :D

And there was a pillar with a hole in it to crawl through, I forget the exact reasoning. :D

Perhaps they figured that people would want to get to the other side :D

Umm... I suddenly got the feeling there was a topic around here somewhere... yeah, that's right: sounds like you're enjoying your vacation, Cam. Er... that's... nice. And all. Yeah.

Archived