Rnd*.2da description

Creepin

Latest version of IESDP (dated by 18.12.05.) has no description on these 2da files, although search in IESDP archive forum revealed nice description by Ascension64, seemingly approved by igi . So I wonder why this description didn't made it's way into IESDP? Was it because of some oversight or because of some fundamental flaws in description itself, in other words - is it reliable? :)

Edited: after reading carefully Ascension64' topic I realized that rndequip.2da description in IESDP is actually added after his post, and with a certain time spend meditating one could understand that other rnd*.2da files are structured similarly, but each file still has differences in regard of which of other rnd* files could be referenced in it, so it's worthy to be mentioned somehow - could save a few hours of meditating for someone else in the future :D

They are in the \2da\2da_tob folder.

As an interesting side note, CtB uses more than 9 rows in RNDTREAS which IESDP claims won't work. I have tested this in the past with Exnem and CtB and found that strange results happened when going over 14 rows. The rows seem to start from the bottom again (but sometimes you get items from higher rows).

Is there any reason why there are no RNDEQU##.ITM files in the game? The table starts with 3 rows but I don't see these ITM files in the game. I was thinking of moving the Exnem tables to this 2DA since the treasure table is full from CtB. Anything I should watch out for?

They are in the \2da\2da_tob folder.

As an interesting side note, CtB uses more than 9 rows in RNDTREAS which IESDP claims won't work.  I have tested this in the past with Exnem and CtB and found that strange results happened when going over 14 rows.  The rows seem to start from the bottom again (but sometimes you get items from higher rows).

Is there any reason why there are no RNDEQU##.ITM files in the game?  The table starts with 3 rows but I don't see these ITM files in the game.  I was thinking of moving the Exnem tables to this 2DA since the treasure table is full from CtB.  Anything I should watch out for?

As long as people don't keep making new lines, it should be fine. The method that BGT-WeiDU uses is in the DevDoc Compatibility section regarding CtB. RNDEQU## may have been a BioWare test?

Archived