Does anyone has the time to do the following?

Domi

One of the persistent problems with using saved games when the mods for TUTU gets re-installed are the mangling of the NPCs names and their sounds (I am not talking about the hopelessly screwed up dialogue.tlks here, just sound-sets due to the different order of the install). Basically, it would be cool to add the option into the player initiated dialogues (PID) to fix that problem (you will ask the character to speak normaly, and voila! he is his own self again).

What it requiers however, is, as far as I understand, opening the CRE files with NI and copying over the lines that NPCs should say and putting them in the usual installation format.

It's not all that burdensome or complicated for one NPC, but for 25 it's a tad of a tedious task. I was wondering if anyone familiar with NI is interested in helping, doing one-two NPCs to ease the load.

Oh, and of course, if there is an easier/smarter way to do it, I am all ears!

Hello -

Do you mean that when games saved in a different Tutu installation are opened in a new Tutu installation, the CRE names and soundsets are off, and you'd like to fix that? I'm fairly certain that CRE data for any area already visited in a saved game is stored in the appropriate ARE file in BALDUR.SAV. So, in other words, the CRE data which needs fixing is not in the override folder, but rather in the save game itself. Fixing the problem would involve modifying the savegame. Further, if BG1NPCs are experiencing the problem, it is more than likely that similar problems will be encountered all over the place (which would mean a fix would involve *lots* of editing).

Am I understanding your question properly? If not, I apologize.

Basically, what happens, is that soundfiles get mixed up (different strings show up in place of the "normal" ones) when the order of installation of the mods changes, and you use an old saved game. It is a common, well-documented issue in both BG1 and BG2, and is usually fixed with a small script triggered by the Ctrl+K button that resets the "sounds" as SetSound(~Proper String~). I'd like to implement that in BG1NPC, only to trigger the script from the PID option, as per Cam's (as usual) excellent advice.

Hello -

Basically, what happens, is that soundfiles get mixed up (different strings show up in place of the "normal" ones) when the order of installation of the mods changes, and you use an old saved game. It is a common, well-documented issue in both BG1 and BG2, and is usually fixed with a small script triggered by the Ctrl+K button that resets the "sounds". I'd like to implement that in BG1NPC, only to trigger the script from the PID option, as per Cam's as usual excellent advice.

OK. The only thing which concerns me is that Tutu strrefs are dynamic -- they vary from one installation to another. AFAIK that is not true of BG1 and BG2.

Yes, I know how to do that, I am looking for people to help getting lines from the CRE files. See, for an original NPC I think you need to go and do the good old copy and pasting to build each of the

SetPlayerSound(Myself,~Line 1~ [LINE1],MORALE)

because you don't have the convenient line-up in TP2 as for a custom NPC, who assigns the Sounds from there.

Archived