Larok the NPC

Troll

Did you do the following:

Assigned BLAROK to Interdia.2DA? (check that in the NI)

When you have two characters in the party their banter sprouts mercy of the in-game banter engine. You can force the dialogues to show up by repeatedly pressing Ctrl+I which will summon all the banter available for the party. To be able to use Ctrl+I you need to have the CLUAConsole installed. (ie DebugMode=1 in Baldur.ini, bring it up with the ctrl+Pause).

The section of Ghrey's tutorial you will be looking for is in the very end and starts with:

The following is some .2DA appending for Vondo, which goes into the .tp2 as well.

I should detail exactly what this means.  Pdialog, basically, is a 2-d array (.2da) that assigns various scripts and dialogue to an NPC.

Well, that's presuming that you made a TP2 and installed your mod. :down:

Weidu is rejecting this. It says the problem is near "END" at line 66. Anyone know why? Thanks. Btw, everything I do is based on the tutorials, but it dosn't always work.

APPEND BKORGAN

IF ~InParty("Larok")

See("Larok")

!StateCheck("Larok",STATE_SLEEPING)

Global("KorganLarokTalk","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN KorganLarok

SAY ~Yer bastard kind are good in a fight, Larok. What think ye of the glory battle and war?~

IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("KorganLarokTalk","LOCALS",1)~ EXTERN LarokKorgan

END

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN LarokKorgan

SAY ~Battle can be glorious if you're fighting for the right cause. But war can be a vile-ruinous thing as well, especially when fought for gold-greed or power-lust.~

IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("Korgan")~ THEN EXTERN BKORGAN KorganRespond

END

APPEND BKORGAN

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KorganRespond

SAY ~Not the answer I'd expect from a tuskface like yerself. And here I was thinkin' I'd finally found someone with a dwarven gut fer fightin'. Yer just as slack-bladder'd as the longlegs and pointears what babysit ye.~

IF ~~ THEN EXIT

END

END

OK! This is getting STUPID! This is copied from the tutorial to the LETTER but with the names changed! IT STILL WON'T WORK! HEEEEELP!

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN LarokRespond

SAY ~You do?~

IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("Edwin")~ THEN EXTERN BEDWIN EdTalk

IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("Edwin")~ THEN EXIT

END

APPEND BKORGAN

IF ~InParty("Larok")

See("Larok")

!StateCheck("Larok",STATE_SLEEPING)

Global("KorganTalk","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN KorganAsk

SAY ~I like dwarf things!~

IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("KorganTalk","LOCALS",1)~ EXTERN BLarok LarokRespond