Problems with ToB

Guest eblah

Guest eblah

Recently I installed the mod and I wish to compliment you in that the Mod was very well written! Unfortuneately, nothing about my ToB portion of the Mod is working, I attempted to install it, but failed I guess, because Kivan just sits around in ToB, not even responding if I boot him from the party.

Any solution to this problem would be nice! ^_^

Yes, it is most likely that the part did not get installed. :down: Try the following:

Click your Setup-Kivan.exe and it will come up with a question: what do you want to do about the components NOT yet installed? Select "a" - ask about all of them.

Then it will ask you about the components already installed. Select "r" - reinstall.

Please, see if it comes up with the "Install Kivan-ToB" as a non-installed option. If yes, select to install it.

If it appears that the option is installed, come back, and we'll ponder further.

P.S: You are running V6, right?

Guest Guest

Yes....it does appear to be installed, I re-installed it, checked the game again and of course...(knowing my fabulous computer) still nothing.

Yep, just zip up your save where Kivan is unresponsive and send it over to me. If you have an SoA save before transfer to ToB you might want to include it as well, I want to see if the transition is screwed up somehow.

I replayed from both yout ToB save and your SoA save. On my install both Kivan's kick-out and rejoin dialogue worked fine. The variables for his romance reset themselves correctly. I was able to summon his first lovetalk via setting his timer to 1:

SetGlobal("P#KiLOTOBTalkTime","GLOBAL",1)

After this lovetalk the flirts appeared as they should.

So, maybe try hacking your timer in ToB and see if the "quiet" Kivan thing will go away on its own. Otherwise, perhaps, the following can help: uninstall the mod completely, then reinstall it and replay from your SoA save.

The Jan bug you reported separately is puzzling. Would you be able to quote me which line Kivan says addressing Jan? I did not succeed in Ctrl+I it out of him, instead I get the normal banter with Imoen...

Guest eblah

Thanks, just got your reply, and am going to test it out, not sure of the exact dialogue, but I will get back to you if it does, or doesn't work.

Guest eblah

Hmmm....this doesn't appear to be working, I uninstalled the mod, as well as every other mod I had, and then reinstalled it, and in the middle of my fight with Irenicus, this appears in textbox.

Kivan- So, Kiv, I was looking at you, and you reminded me of my great aunt Molly on my father's side...obviously a Jan rant, I have tried the SetGlobal("P#KiLOTOBTalkTime","GLOBAL",1), but it didn't work, should I do this in ToB or SoA, gonna try a couple more things...Thanks for your time.

Guest Guest

hmmmmm....one more thing I noticed that might be of help, I went to reinstall the ToB portion of the mod triskedekeple checking it, and I noticed, it said the following:

Removing old installation of [install ToB Portion of the Mod] first ...

Will uninstall

Guest Guest

hmmmmm....one more thing I noticed that might be of help, I went to reinstall the ToB portion of the mod triskedekeple checking it, and I noticed, it said the following:

Will uninstall 0 files for [sETUP-KIVAN.TP2] component 7.

Uninstalled 0 files for [sETUP-KIVAN.TP2] component 7.

Does this mean something is missing from the download completely? Something isn't being installed? I feel confuzzled.

It looks like your TOB just does not get installed. Please, after you have installed the mod, find the Kivan.DEBUG file, open it with a text editor and paste the contents for me to see what causes the problem in your installation. Thank you!

Ok, Kivan is saying Jan's line from one of SoA chats... I will take a look to see if the file is not assigned properly.

Guest Guest

Hmmm...I was unable to find a file named Kivan.DEBUG, but when I searched for it I came up with a SETUP-KIVAN, so I'll go ahead and paste its contents

Already Asked About [select Kivan's Portrait]

Install Component [install ToB Portion of the Mod]?

[R]e-Install, [N]o Change or ninstall or [Q]uit?

uninstall: SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 7

uninstall: SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 7 already temporarily uninstalled

[sETUP-KIVAN.TP2] parsed

Running AT_INTERACTIVE_EXITs in ~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ 0 7

SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED OLD [install ToB Portion of the Mod]

Installing [install ToB Portion of the Mod]

Saving This Log:

SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 0 2 Installed

SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 0 6 Permanently_Uninstalled

SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 0 7 Permanently_Uninstalled

SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 0 6 Installed ~Install Herd's Alternative Portrait for Kivan.~