Help with APPENDs

Troll

IF ~AreaCheck("AR0300")

Global("LarokCrom","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN Blarok LarokTell

~Ah, Athkatla docks! I have a client here by the name of Cromwell. He is craft-cunning and hammer-handy when dealing with exotic pelts and hides. He can make the most wondrous items from the strangest of things. I would suggest paying him a visit.~

IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("LarokCrom","GLOBAL",2)~ EXIT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Wiedu is saying this is wrong!!!!!

In his SCRIPT!? I have to make a script for him. *Faints* Is there a tutorial on that!?

It's piss easy. Just create a new text file called 'LAROK.baf' (assuming thats what you want to call it), paste the code I gave into it and save. Then in your tp2 you'll want a line that compiles it:

COMPILE ~foldername/larok.baf~

You'll also need to assign the script to the CRE. This works exactly how you assigned his diialogue file except you put this in the field called 'Override script' rahter than 'Dialogue file'.

IF ~AreaCheck("AR0300")

~Ah, Athkatla docks! I have a client here by the name of Cromwell. He is craft-cunning and hammer-handy when dealing with exotic pelts and hides. He can make the most wondrous items from the strangest of things. I would suggest paying him a visit.~

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Wiedu is saying this is wrong!!!!!

Did you put the END in that I suggested in my edit to my previous post?

Also, in future please don't just say 'WeiDU is saying this is wrong'. WeiDU is a decent compiler than will tell you exactly what line is causing the error and to a degree where it is going wrong on that line. That kind of information is extremely useful in debugging code.

No dice. It keeps rejecting IF.

Hang on. I've just reread what you've got there:

IF ~AreaCheck("AR0300")

Is this meant to be a CHAIN or an APPEND?

If its a CHAIN:

CHAIN IF ~AreaCheck("AR0300")
DO ~SetGlobal("LarokCrom","GLOBAL",2)~ 
EXIT

If its an APPEND:

APPEND BLAROK

IF ~AreaCheck("AR0300")
Global("LarokCrom","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN LarokTell
SAY ~Ah, Athkatla docks! I have a client here by the name of Cromwell. He is craft-cunning and hammer-handy when dealing with exotic pelts and hides. He can make the most wondrous items from the strangest of things. I would suggest paying him a visit.~
END

END

or I suppose if its just in your BLAROK files after a BEGIN BLAROK:

IF ~AreaCheck("AR0300")
Global("LarokCrom","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN LarokTell
SAY ~Ah, Athkatla docks! I have a client here by the name of Cromwell. He is craft-cunning and hammer-handy when dealing with exotic pelts and hides. He can make the most wondrous items from the strangest of things. I would suggest paying him a visit.~
END

Ok, the CHAIN addition worked, it isn't being rejected, so thanks. BUT! When I test it in-game, nothing is happening.

Did you create, compile and assign the script? If so, are you using a saved game when the CRE has already spawned, if so then your changes aren't going to affect that local copy and you need to start a new game (or at least load a safe before you spawned the CRE).

CHAIN

IF ~AreaCheck("AR0300")

DO ~SetGlobal("LarokCrom","GLOBAL",2)~

EXIT

END

Now it's rejecting 'SAY' and 'END' again. WHY?

Archived