Dialog Help

Troll

You're just making a new block that starts with a check whether Larok is there. You'll want it to have WEIGHT -1 (look it up in the readme, its not hard) so that it is at the top of the dialogue stack (i.e. if its conditions are met it'll play your dialogue instead of the normal one). You do their dialogue how you want to do it and at the end you COPY_TRANS to go into the normal dialogue Ahmed dialogue.

I'm assuming here that you'll include this bit of code in a seperate file from your Ahmed dialogue file, so the .d will only be COMPILEd if Larok is installed. Or are Larok and Ahmed part of the same mod? If so, thats totally trivial and you shouldn't need our help at all.

Or are Larok and Ahmed part of the same mod?  If so, thats totally trivial and you shouldn't need our help at all.

Yeah they're part of the same mod and WHOA! Come one gimmy a BREAK. I've had like a week doing this coding business, so it isn't really a trivial thing at all, so I do need your help.

Well, all you're doing is making a new block before the rest of Ahmed's dialogues that has a condition of InParty("Guy") and a Global check so the talk doesn't play twice. Then at the end of your talk you are GOTOing your other block that you'll have written for his normal dialogue. It's just bringing together the stuff you've already got, nothing more.

Hang on. How do I put the bits in that make Larok talk back, i.e.

Ahmed: G'day Larok!

Larok: How's it goin'

Ahmed: Alrite, yaself?

Larok: Can't complain, can't complain.

Would I use CHAIN and use Larok's Banter file?

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("Larok")

Global("LarokAhmedTalk","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN JLarok AhmedLarokReunion

~L-Larok.... could it *be*?~

==JLarok ~Aye, spirit-forger. It has been too long.~

Like this?

Almost. First of all you don't say BEGIN when coding a CHAIN. Secondly your coding is saying that JLAROK begins the conversation which I imagine is not what you want as that has him walking to himself. Change that JLAROK in the header to the other speaker's dialogue file.

Archived