Love Talk 1

Grim Squeaker

This is probably going to be the first Del lovetalk, barring any further changes...

Delainy crosses her arms over her petite chest, her green eyes looking distantly westward, toward the ocean  and she murmurs, "Bounded by a river of tears and an ocean of regret, and, still no succor given."

The werewolf shakes her head, and pulls a hand through her thick, brown hair, her hair more curly than is its wont, and she snarls as she works out several tangles, growling, "I really wish Selune would bring Talos to task."

Option 1:

Quietly approach Delainy and ask, "What's wrong Delainy?"

Option 2:

Silently watch the werewolf as she attends to her personal grooming.

Option 3:

Smile gently in Delainy's direction, "Bad hair day?"

Option 4:

"Delainy, can't you keep your yapping to yourself?  You are proving to be a distraction."

If Option 1, then go to A.

If Option 2, then go to B.

If Option 3, then go to C.

If Option 4, then go to D.

A:

Delainy's emerald green eyes bore into yours, and she says, "I didn't know you were paying attention.  I'm, alright, I was just thinking of home again.  Funny, how sometimes when you know that you can't ever go back, that homesickness can creep up on you."

Option 5:

Respond, "I understand what you mean.  I left Candlekeep so long ago.  It was my home, and I wish to return, and yet, I can't."

Option 6:

Reply, "Homesickness?  Delainy, how can you be so weak as to suffer from homesickness."

Option 7:

Ask, "Why did you leave your home Delainy?   I never expected to see you in Amn."

If Option 5, then go to E.

If Option 6, then go to F.

If Option 7, then go to G.

B:

Delainy is working free the last of the kinks of her hair, when she asks, "Something wrong, Mainchar?  I couldn't help but notice you staring at me for the last few minutes.  Do I have something on my clothing?  I thought I cleaned all the blood out..."

Option 8:

Decide to joke along and say, a large mirthful grin on your face, "For a moment I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Now I see that I am very much alive, and heaven has been brought to me."

Option 9:

Answer playfully, "I was just noticing you grooming yourself.  You know, next time, if you need a hand, you could ask me to help."  

Option 10:

Respond, "Delainy, don't spend so much time on personal vanity.  When your life is in danger, worrying about your hair seems...pointless."

If Option 8, then go to H.

If Option 9, then go to I.

If Option 10, then go to J.

C:

Delainy's cheeks blush slightly, but she nods and says, "Somewhat.  I had this same problem back at the island.  When the air is especially damp, such as if it is going to rain, or even just a thick layer of clouds, my hair would go all frizzy and curly."

She smiles, "But yes, I guess you could call it a bad hair day.  However, I guess I can't grumble that much.  Imagine what a wolf would feel, his whole body covered in fur."

Her mirth then disappears, as she looks distantly westward once more.

Option 11:

Reply, "Seriously, Delainy, what is wrong?  I couldn't help but notice you were deep in thought."

Option 12:

Grinning, "You know, if you need some assistance in the future, why I am but yours to command."

Option 13:

Gently chide the werewolf:  "Delainy, don't take this amiss, but maybe you shouldn't worry about your appearance quite so much."

If Option 11, then go to G.

If Option 12, then go to I.

If Option 13, then go to J.

D:

Delainy:

"So be it, I will keep my 'yapper' shut.  Maybe you will learn to keep your attitude in check as well, as grating as it is on the nerves."

(End romance).

E:

Delainy gives you a measuring glance, "Yes, you would probably know of what it feels like, wouldn't you, to be driven from your home."

She sighs, "My situation wasn't much different.  Our Alpha, he went crazy in the head, seeing enemies where there were none.  After you left, we defeated the last of the wolfweres, and it was like all our anger, our rage was focused inward."

Delainy frowns, "So I and a few others left, following in your wake."

(End dialogue)

F:

Delainy's face narrows, "You don't know, do you?  Well, you may think its a weakness, but there is nothing wrong with having a place to call your own, a place that you can retreat to when the cares of the world grow to large."

She sighs, and looks away, "Besides, it is the nature of a wolf, and a werewolf is no difference, to claim a territory as home, and stay in it for the rest of their lives."

Delainy shrugs, "The only wolf to travel is the lone wolf, an outcast from her pack."

(End dialogue)

G:

Delainy's eyes glitter in remembrance, and then she says, "After you left, it was almost insane.  You decimated the wolfweres that lived beyond the walls, as well as those of my people before you escaped."

Delainy sighs, "Not that I blame you, but we pulled ourselves together.  Even after your onslaught, my people were much more numerous than the wolfwere survivors, and slaughtered the rest of them  That is when the problems began.  Without an enemy to focus on, our new leader, our Alpha, started to see enemies in the pack where none existed before."

Delainy glances back westward, "So, me and those who didn't like what was happening, we...left."

The werewolf sighs, "I'm sorry, I don't mean to bore you with this tale."

(End dialogue)

H:

Delainy's cheeks flush pleasantly, "Oh my, I see I'm going to have to be careful with your silver tongue, aren't I?"

Her demeanor changes with a grin, "And we all know what silver does to a werewolf."

(End dialogue)

I:

Delainy's cheeks flush momentarily, but then she laughs, "So, you're offering to be my personal groomer, is that it?"

She grins, and glint appears in her eye as she laughs self-deprecatingly, "Or are you just trying to get me to win best of breed?"

(End dialogue)

J:

Delainy laughs, "You don't need to worry about me."

Her eyes grow more wolf-like as she says, "I heard the approach of your feet, I could smell your odor as you came closer, and I could even hear the beating of your heart.  Believe me, even if you snuck up on me, I would have detected your presence."

She looks languidly westward, "It is almost but impossible to sneak up on a wolf, even one in human skin."

(End dialogue)

You never cease to amaze me Bri!  I'm really looking forward to Del's release!

I did expect the option of some sort of cheesey chat up line in response to:

'Imagine what a wolf would feel, his whole body covered in fur'

Along the lines of:

'Well I wouldn't mind finding out what you'd be like...'

Well there may be some cheesy pick up lines later, but this falls under the "friendship" part of the banters.  So, if the character "hits" on Del, it is more of a tongue-in-cheek manner than anything else, though it will show a slight amount of interest.

Very nice Bri. I suppose the fact that the PC and Del have met before will give them quite a bit to talk about. :D

I like Del's reason for leaving the island, by the way. After she wouldn't leave with you the first time, it would have taken something like that to get her to go.

Well, Bigrob, I did have to come up with a reason why she left the island.  I guess I could have done a random spontaneous teleportation...wait, that's Viekang.

And User, I figure being able to laugh at oneself can be good...but if someone like say Edwin was to joke she would win best of breed, well, our favorite Thayvian wizard would be picked up in a thousand itty-bitty pieces.

G:

Delainy's eyes glitter in remembrance, and then she says, "After you left, it was almost insane.  You decimated the wolfweres that lived beyond the walls, as well as those of my people before you escaped."

Delainy sighs, "Not that I blame you, but we pulled ourselves together.  Even after your onslaught, my people were much, much stronger than the wolfweres, and slaughtered all of them.  That is when the problems began.  Without an enemy to focus on, our new leader, our Alpha, started to see enemies in the pack where none existed before."

You might want to clarify why the werewolves were stronger than the wolfweres, here--have Delainy say, "...much, much stronger than the few wolfweres who survived," or something like that.

And User, I figure being able to laugh at oneself can be good...but if someone like say Edwin was to joke she would win best of breed, well, our favorite Thayvian wizard would be picked up in a thousand itty-bitty pieces.

It'd make him easy to carry. :D

I suppose with the wolfweres gone, Del and her companions could have used the remains of Balduran's ship to sail off to the mainland.

Archived