Umm, is this a joke?

... sorry, I read "nightmare banter" as Nightmare's banter. Somebody reported a couple of days ago that a banter between Aerie and Kivan written by Nightmare repeated itself, and so far I could not pinpoint why it happened, as it looks normal.

Yes, that's true. ;)

(However, wouldn't it be easier to create an own 'bugs report' thread and pin it, so that not everyone who wants to report a minor bug has to create a new thread? Apart from adding general clarity to the forum, this would also help people who have encountered a bug to find out quickly if someone else has already posted the same issue.)

There is a pinned thread for serious bugs that I hope people will peruse and to which I can reffer people to if they post the same bug report/send me an e-mail etc. For my own use, I maintain a thread in the protected forum that have all the reports I need to work on for the next version, color-coded and all the boring stuff like that. To be honest I welcome the bug reporting creativity. Breaks up the routine a bit. If it becomes unmanageable, yep, I will merge and centralize, but so far there is no real need. ;)

I don't kniw wether it had been previously reported or not, and I actually don't know if it's a bug, but anyway...

At the very beginning of the game, during the quest in the circus, I (accidentaly) asked Aerie to give me some money in exchange of the sword. Then Kivan tols me:

"Why do you tarry,<CHARNAME>? The time is of an essence, the woman suffers needlessly, and it is unlikely that we will find any other allies in this place".

Up to there, everything's ok, but then the dialog continue, and Kivan adds:

"Yes..yes, please! Oh, please!"

I'm not sure this is really Kivan's style? Wasn't that line supposed to be Aerie's?

Ok, I'm not sure how it happened: I had to re-install kivan in the middle of a game. But when I reloaded the game, his custom items had disappeared. I could get them back with the CLUA but why had they disappeared?

Is it because I re-installed the mod in the middle of a game? Is it some conflict with other mod ;)

Ok, not a problem. I just had this "mod doomsday" today I don't know why: I had to re-install Divine remix because it didn't allow my druids to have neutral evil alignement, then I had to re*install Kivan and Tashia because their portraits were "gone", and after I did so, Kivan's item had gone somewhere.

Not my day ;)

When you install and reinstall there is always a chance of introducing errors. When you do it, always try to uninstall in the reverse order to the installation, ie the mod you installed last gets uninstalled first and so on. ;)

I did not get this dialogue in the Keep either (although I don't remember where exactly I got it), but from the contents of the banter, I don't think it *has* to fire while you are in the Keep.

Kivan might just as well comment on the Keep a while after the party has visited it... and, after all, Nalia says she loves the Keep because she spent all her childhood "there" (instead of "here", which would make more sense if the banter was meant to fire only while the party is in the Keep).

Archived