Deheriana's Innates

What to do with the Innates  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's funny, because although everyone has different point of view, everyone agrees that she must be of an arcane and/or divine spellcasting.

I also understand your thoughts about the bard,and I admit it's quite true.

As for the cleric, I don't know, it also has to do with the image of Deheriana I have built sin BGI... I just can't imagine her in a full plate with a flail and a tower shield ;)

I actually chose her FMC to try the 3-classed character, but in a roleplay perspective (which is purely objective) I would more see her as a pure mage.

The healer side can be kept through innates then.

If you add a cleric class, I think the best suited deity would be Sehanine, if you want to keep this mysterious side of the woman. Solonor would make her a warrior-priestess and Rillifane would make her closer to a druid, although it could be interresting with Jaheira in the same party :D

Anyway, the final choice is yours (or rather Kivan's? ;) )

Okay, I finally found a good link for Sehanine with the description of her priesthood.

http://www.wzrd.com/home/thyle/Sehanine.htm

Not sure how it can be translated into BG2, but well, it's probably a good start.

Specialty Priests (Starsingers)

Requirements: Intelligence 9, Wisdom 13

Prime Req.: Intelligence, Wisdom

Alignment: CG

Weapons: Bow, javeelin, quarterstaff, sicklee, sling, staff-sling

Armor: Any

Major Spheres: All, astral, charm, divination, guardian, healing, necromantic, protection, summoning, sun, travelers

Minor Spheres: Numbers, thought, wards

Magical Items: Same as clerics

Req. Profs: Bow, bowyer/fletcher

Bonus Profs: Astrology, navigation

Starsingers must be elves or half-elves.  While most starsingers are moon elves or gold elves, elves and half-elves of every subrace are called to be specialty priests of Sehanine's clergy.

Starsingers are not allowed to multiclass.

Starsingrs receive a +2 bonus to their saving throws vs. death magic.  This bonus improves to a +4 on the night before, during, and after the full moon.  It drops to +0 on the night before, during, and after the newe moon.

On nights before, during, and after the full moon, opponents' saving throws against spells and granted powers emplyed by starsingers suffer a -2 penalty.  On the nights before, during, and after the new moon, this becomes a +2 bonus for the opponent of the starsinger.

Starsingers may cast wizard spells from either the divination school or illusion/phantasm school as defined in the Limited Wizard Spellcasting section of "Appendix 1: Demihuman Priests."  At 1st level, each starsinger must choose one school or the other, and the choice of study is irrevocable thereafter.

Starsingers can cast motes of moonlight (as the 1st-level oruest soekk) or sleep (as the 1st-level wizard spell) once per day.

At 3rd level, starsingers can cast mirror image (as the 2nd-level wizard spell) or infravision (as the 3rd-level wizard spell) once per day.  If latter effect is cast upon an elf or half-elf who naturally possesses infravision, the use of this granted power increases his or her infravision to 120 feet.

At 5th level, starsingers can cast detect spirits or starshine (as the 3rd-level priest spells) once per day.

At 7th level, starsingers can cast commune or moonbeam (as the 5th-level priest spells) once per day.

At 10th level, starsingers can cast dream (as the 5th-level wizard spell) or true seeing (as the 5th-level priest spell) once per day.

At 13th level, starsingers can cast greater spelldream (as the 4th--level wizard speell detailed in the Wizard's Spell Compendium, Volume 2) or Presper's moonbow (as the 5th-level spell detailed in Pages from the Mages or the Wizard's Spell Compendium, Volume 3) or vision (as the 7th-level wizard spell) once per day.

At 15th level, starsingers can heal (as the 6th-level priest spell) or gate or holy word (as the 7th-level priest spells) once per day.

As for the cleric, I don't know, it also has to do with the image of Deheriana I have built sin BGI... I just can't imagine her in a full plate with a flail and a tower shield  ;)

You've got a point there, but the funny thing is that I first came to think of her as a cleric because of her portrait. My first impression when I saw that picture was that of a cleric - not the standard BG2 cleric in full plate, wielding a mighty warhammer and a tower shield, but that of a slender elven priestess wearing light elven chainmail (I think it *does* look like she is wearing some sort of elven armour on the picture), and if I look at her, I can easily imagine her in some long, floating priestesses garments.

Apart from that, I think she really has the air of a healer, more than that of an arcane spellcaster... and would there really be that much need for extra content if she was a pure cleric?

I am not sure how much new content will be required, but the other characters and PC will have to "see" that, because pretty much every other cleric in the game has the conversations related to his or her faith. Kivan's conversion to Shevarash also needs to be highlighted, and things like "did they had the same faith before or not?" has to be considered. Lots of work will also go into making a custom kit, which, I feel, if I don't do, will look sloppy since the means of making an NPC kit are readily available. I do like Sehanine idea, because she will have access to one of the magic schools, which will take care of the arcane caster part, but there is much there that needs to be adopted for the 2nd editions rules and BG2 limitations.

As far as the background is concerned, Sehanine is fine.

I never even tried to code any kit, but it seems that you'll have either to "forget" some special capacities or to create custom spells...

I don't understand how the access works: do you have to chose wether she'll acces to illusion or divination before making the kit?

And concernig the full-moon abilities, well... ;)

Anyway, best of luck

The description I copied and pasted is for a P&P kit, and, yes, in this case, it will be me who decides what spells she'd know. Obviosuly it will have to be tuned down and changed so that it looks more like other BG2 kits, not like the original P&P one.

Archived