NPC Kitpack

Idobek

As one of Sarevok's most appealing features is the ability to dual him to a mage I have decided not to add much to the deathbringer kit. Giving the kit more abilities would mean I'd really have to disable dual-classing to prevent Sarevok being uber-powered. Therefore, this kit will essentially be for feel only.
DEATHBRINGER: A Deathbinger is not, as the name suggests, a blood thirsty killer, but a master of the fine art of intimidation in combat. Every stance and gesture is designed to maximize their opponent's fear and minimize their own. The goal is to so frighten the opponent that they are unable to fight back. Eventually it is possible for them to kill with a single blow, not from physical damage but from mental.

It is difficult for Deathbringers not to intimidate people and, indeed, determine when not to intimidate people. Their body language outside combat makes people pause and worry. However, they can easily recognize and suppress any fear in themselves. Their goal is to frighten not be frightened.

Advantages:

- Immune to fear and morale failure

- From 6th level can cast Spook (as the 1st level wizard spell) once per day per 5 levels

- At 11th level gains Deathbringer Assault

Disadvantages:

- -3 penalty to Wisdom and Charisma

Note, I've basically ignored the Deathstalker kit.

I think bloodthirsty is one word. :D

Also, why the WIS/CHR penalty? I don't see a reason for the WIS, and though you might be able to argue the CHR one I personally think the character's strong force of personality would mean there should be no penalty.

Since it's Sarevok only, it doesn't need to be perfectly balanced. :D

Other than that, sounds good.

Also, why the WIS/CHR penalty? I don't see a reason for the WIS, and though you might be able to argue the CHR one I personally think the character's strong force of personality would mean there should be no penalty.

CHA because their body language scares people. A CHA penalty is the easiest way to implement a reaction adjustment. The WIS penalty is meant to signify that they don't stop to think whether the should scare somebody, they just do it because they can, by instinct. Both a involuntary products of their training.

Since it's Sarevok only, it doesn't need to be perfectly balanced.

I know, another reason for chosing the WIS and CHA penalties. They won't affect him in the slightest.

The problem is there needs to be some disadvantage but I can't think of any that fit, the WIS/CHA penalties were the best I could come up with. It would be easy if Sarevok weren't refered to as the 'Armoured Figure' thoughout BG1, I'd stop him using armour greater than studded leather.

Archived