CamDawg

Guest Posting Enabled

Yeah, but then again, having to enter code with some numbers and letters looking like one another or being cut off by the frame a-la Spellhold is not all that cool either. I do like guest posting without much restrictions, and generally Cam's filters do a marvelous job of stopping the hopefull spammers.

Edited by Domi

Yes, and banning AlassaFan!1!! is bad, too. :( I'm with Domi on this one - Spellhold's frames are thoroughly inconveninent.

I don't like guest posting. I like to know who is posting and not some "guest".

I don't exactly want to say it's for people who are less brave, because a lot of people I respect have made many posts as guests. Maybe for those of us with a fear of commitment? Or at least a fear of typing their e-mail address into a box? :(

I think at least one group is - those who do not want to be a member of a particular forum. :( But I'd put a "I want to get an answer to my question/put in my two cents, and I do not want to spend extra time registering" as the most popular motivation.

Guest Guest

Or: "I am at work and do not want to register from here, since I am at work and should do other things." :(

-jas

I think it might be a good idea to add one of those anti-bot visual verification fields for guest posts (i.e. make a guest poster enter the code from the image before being allowed to post). It could reduce the spambot activities which seem to be plaguing the board ATM.

Just not as crappy as the one on SHS. It takes ages to tell the letter O from zero.

Guest erik

One of those "What is two plus two, dear non-bot?" puzzles, perhaps. Those are tolerable.

Cam's filters generally are pretty good, and we try to delete the spam that slips through asap. It's better imo than an unwelcoming jesture of assuming that all guests are spammers and making them jump through the hoops of registration or additional 'security'. If people want to post spam they will find way of posting spam. On the other hand, a good old-fashioned guest confronted with the suspicion etc might not post, and it would be a pity.

Errmmm.... Another spambot? o_o; *Prods* ^ Once again. Ironic. ;x

Begone evil thingiemahob! D:

Edited by moogle

You have to admit, though, there's a certain symmetry to their targeting this thread.
LOL, indeed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.