Guest Posting Enabled

CamDawg

Guest Guest_RPGvet_*

I registered with this site earlier today. Unfortunately, after several hours, I have yet to receive the automated confirmation email. My email address is eltracy2002@yahoo.com.

Regardless, the reason I registered in the first place was to let you know of an issue I encountered when I attempted to install the BG2 Tweak Pack. I installed in the following order:

BG2

BG2-SoA patch (ver. 23037)

BG2-ToB

BG2-ToB patch (ver. 26498)

BG2 Fixpack v6 (nice job btw)

However, when I installed the BG2 Tweak Pack, it would not install because it's WeiDU engine is older than the BG2 FixPack's (assuming I understood the error check sequence correctly...). Please advise.

Thanks, RPGvet

I registered with this site earlier today. Unfortunately, after several hours, I have yet to receive the automated confirmation email. My email address is eltracy2002@yahoo.com.

Regardless, the reason I registered in the first place was to let you know of an issue I encountered when I attempted to install the BG2 Tweak Pack. I installed in the following order:

BG2

BG2-ToB

However, when I installed the BG2 Tweak Pack, it would not install because it's WeiDU engine is older than the BG2 FixPack's (assuming I understood the error check sequence correctly...). Please advise.

Thanks, RPGvet

Hi, if the weidu fails to autoupdate you can update it manually:

Delete the Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe

Take a copy of Setup-bg2fixpack.exe and rename the copy to Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe

setup-mymod.exe is really just renamed weidu.exe :D

Guest Guest_rpgvet_*

BG2

BG2-ToB

Thanks, RPGvet

Hi, if the weidu fails to autoupdate you can update it manually:

Delete the Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe

Take a copy of Setup-bg2fixpack.exe and rename the copy to Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe

setup-mymod.exe is really just renamed weidu.exe :D

Appreciate the response regarding WeiDU. Thanks.

On a somewhat related topic, PM spam has increased a hundredfold in the last month. Why isn't there a 'report' button for the PM window?

Also, can we ban new registrations from Russian IPs? Sorry Russian IE fans..but most of this spam is related to .ru domains.

Also, can we ban new registrations from Russian IPs?
CoM did that before. Took me quite a time to figure out why I couldn't register there.

Another sign of agression towards my country, and I'll ban everyone from PPG when JC is asleep.
I trust 'everyone' doesn't include me:)
Well,

I just got my umpteenth spam PM.

Please guys, can you work out a method to prevent this?

I've been a member for years, but I really really hate spam, (except the Monty Python type :blush: )

There isn't much we can do locally. Apparently this is a rather general recent problem for the software that runs our forums (and god knows how many thousand other forums). The developers of that software are trying to rush out a patch to deal with it, so watch this space.

Archived