Multiple ioun stones

Creepin

I read "Rhialto the Marvellous" by Jack Vance today and found, among other fancy things, description of ioun stones as devices which simultaneous use was limited only by quantity of ioun stones a mage owns. Also, there was this D&D game long time ago, Dungeon Hack, where char was having 3 slots for ioun stones, which were, being equipped, circling around mage's head while bestowing him with their abilities. I understand that it's impossible to implement in IE, but maybe it's interesting enough to be implemented in GemRB?

I read "Rhialto the Marvellous" by Jack Vance today and found, among other fancy things, description of ioun stones as devices which simultaneous use was limited only by quantity of ioun stones a mage owns. Also, there was this D&D game long time ago, Dungeon Hack, where char was having 3 slots for ioun stones, which were, being equipped, circling around mage's head while bestowing him with their abilities. I understand that it's impossible to implement in IE, but maybe it's interesting enough to be implemented in GemRB?

While possible, this won't be happening for quite some time - like at least until GemRB can do all the IE can do. As far as I understand, this would require a new version of the character description file to allow for new equipment slots, and adding new data formats isn't currently something that's planned. You could maybe do it without having to modify the code, by hacking something up with long term effects and modifying the inventory CHUs and GUIScripts, but I don't know how well that would work.

I'm sure Avenger will correct any mistakes I've just made ;) .

Short answer: maybe eventually. Unless you want to do it ;) .

It is possible to change the guiscripts and chus, or you could simply alter the slot descriptors so that an amulet/helmet would be interchangeable.

I think it is even possible that a new itemtype is wearable both in the helmet and amulet slots.

Without much guiscript change.

But the code supporting this is not yet fully bugfree and the new itemtype won't stay compatible with the original engine (will crash bg2).

Archived