Is this still going?

Celestyn

Go to Tashia mod forum, [here]; read the threads from 2006 (2005?) from Bri. See how she wrote out the content in freeform first; later she got someone to do the bulk of the scripting. I'm sure she was aware of how the scripting form(at) should be, but that did not deter her from developing the content in freeform.

Again as casual observer, I think this will show many a budding romance/story writer that it can be done without having the scripting skills.

Writing is the biggest part of it. As for tickling someone into coding, I dunno, seeing how it is so much faster/simpler to write interactive dialogues directly in D-format, it's probably waaay easier for someone to do the whole thing. The scripts are elementary, the D-format is well-documneted.

Heh, I once wrote and scripted a ToB Valygar romance track in one evening... One-Evening Romance :p

(Shrug) It's just time-consuming to write 2 or more dialogue branches (which was the main attraction of JPS's version), research the lore, do extra quests, endless flirts, etc to make the romance comparable to modern NPC's one.

I'd really hate to see a modder stopping because of that. Me, I'd send flirts and quests to the bathhouse just to see some good in-character dialogue for Cernd, for one.

I believe Alatariel will also be writing a Haer'Dalis romance. *grins*

Hey, good news!

Heh, I once wrote and scripted a ToB Valygar romance track in one evening... One-Evening Romance ...

Good work! I wish I had your productivity :p

Archived