BAM editor

Duality

There are a number of files it can't access (well, it can find the data, but it wont let you select them, it's weird)
You'll wanting to be putting all your BIFFs into data/ (WeiDU has similar issues, for different reasons). NearInfinity can "find" the files because they're in the key, but it doesn't know the paths to the BIF archives.

Drag the contents of the CD folders into data/ as thus:

CD3/data -> data/
CD4/data -> data/
CD2/data -> data/
CD5/data -> data/

When asked to overwrite existing files, do so (each CD has a common set of archives). You can also make a movies folder (in the Baldur's Gate II folder; sibling to data) and drag all the movie biffs there (and delete the empty CDn folders). Edit your ini file as thus:

[Alias]
CD1:=:
CD2:=:
CD3:=:
CD4:=:
CD5:=:
HD0:=:

NearInfinity and WeiDU will now be able to access all files.

The NI source isn't bad, but I'd really wish for the latest source (rewriting all the improvements since v1.32 would be a fat waste of time).

Ahhhh. I see.

I had found where the files were and where NI was looking for them; a couple of times I had to pull them out of the CD/data and move them to /data so that I could edit something. But I was afraid to move them permanently, assuming that since the key wouldn't be updated, the game wouldn't be able to find them.

I always wondered what CD5:=:CD5: meant. Now I get it. ;)

Well, that's once less giant pain in the ass.

Thanks!

What do you mean by improvements since 1.32? Improvements by whom?

Never tried running NI on a mac, and I don't know if Jon Olav has access to one, so I'm not surprised if it has a few IBM-compatible methods built in.

I started editing with version 1.33 beta 19, but the only difference between beta 19 and beta 18 is some updates to KOTOR editing, which I'm not concerned with.

My BG2 full-install has all BIFs in the data and movie folders, with the cd folders deleted and the paths in the INI file updated accordingly. I also decompressed all the BIFs and deleted the data subfolder in the cache folder so the game no longer tries to cache BIFs. Makes for consistently fast load times no matter where I'm going.

My Alias section of Baldur.ini looks like this, and works fine in both the game and NI:

HD0:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\
CD1:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\
CD2:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\
CD3:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\
CD4:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\
CD5:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\

Archived