Maztican NPC

Troll

I'm reading the Maztica Trilogy atm, so I thought I'd try a Maztican NPC, an evil talonmagic-using servant of Zaltec, but I want a good quality portrait. Does anyone have or now of an Aztec/Mayan warrior of Jaguar Knight portrait? Would anyone be interested in creating one?

I'm reading the Maztica Trilogy atm, so I thought I'd try a Maztican NPC, an evil talonmagic-using servant of Zaltec, but I want a good quality portrait. Does anyone have or now of an Aztec/Mayan warrior of Jaguar Knight portrait? Would anyone be interested in creating one?

I've seen one somewhere. Don't remember the site. I don't think it is quite BG standard though. If I remember correctly it had the Jaguar Knight in profile or close to in profile.

Oooo, ooo. Could he be slave captured by one of the Roenals who was over there plundering.

Hey good idea! Although I just need to remember who the Roenals are. Ok, so far, Chakata (that's his name) has jaguar-hide armour which allows him to become a jaguar once per day and a jaguar-head helmet (which doesn't do anything but looks good). He has a Maca +2 which is a club that does slashing damage (because it has obsidian spikes on it) and also has a 'debilitating strike' which has a chance of slowing or stunning the opponent (because the aim of Maztican/Aztec warfare was to take prisoners, not kill). He also has a necklace that gives him the power of talonmagic. This alters his priest scroll by taking away all healing spells and passive spells (as talonmagic may only harm or protect) and adds three spells to his litany. 'Messenger of Doom' allows him to summon a spirit-creature ally, 'Living Snakeskin' binds an opponant (hold) and poisons them while they are held and 'Predator's Wrath' which renders Chakata invisible, hasted and adds three to strength, dex and const for 1 round. What do ya think?

It all sounds interesting and fitting for a Maztican warrior, but without concrete stats for things it's hard to comment on game balance. As a priest, having no healing spells is a real kick though, so you've got an opening of adding some other stuff.

Archived