Call for Delainy Alpha Playtesters

Grim Squeaker

You may have seen T.G. Maestro's post over at FWS, but it looks like the Shapeshifter werewolf form will be implemented in the upcoming refinements mod, using your suggested bugfix for the dispel problems.  You may want to talk to him or Littz about what exactly is being done and obtaining a copy of the implemented code.

Install whatever mods you want; there shouldn't be any incompatibility issues yet, knock on wood. I haven't inegrated the shapeshifter rebalancing from Wes or aVENGER's rogue rebalancing, so don't expect changes from those in Delainy if you install them.

I'm running with some ease-of-use, Oversight, Idobek's tweaks, SimDing0's tweaks, Weimer's item upgrade, banter packs (I anticipate the banter accelerator will be good for testing), and flirt packs.

will it be ok to have shapeshifter rebalancing (or shapeshifter overpowering, if you prefer that term :wink.gif ) installed???

i am naughty, jaheira rocks as a shapeshifter/fighter... :D

You may have seen T.G. Maestro's post over at FWS, but it looks like the Shapeshifter werewolf form will be implemented in the upcoming refinements mod, using your suggested bugfix for the dispel problems.  You may want to talk to him or Littz about what exactly is being done and obtaining a copy of the implemented code.

I didn't see anything in the Baldurdash forum; was it posted somewhere else? The method I'm using to determine Delainy's form (for dialogue and plot triggers) could be generalized into a general shapeshifter/disspellable paws solution. In its present form it would be, at best, inelegant and it still doesn't solve the offhand exploit.

Littz's first post on Dec. 5 lets everyone know that the fix has been coded up and tested.  You can view the thread here.  I'm sure if you asked Littz, he would be willing to provide the code for you as both him and T.G. Maestro are big on cross mod standardization of kit modifications.

Our first round of playtesting has gone very well. However, many of the playtesters are starting to finsih their round and move on to bigger and better things. :D

Long story short: we're opening a new round of playtesting for anyone who's interested. Much progress has been made since the original playtest, so you'll be looking at a lot more content and other fun stuff. You'll probably also start to see the LTs towards the end of the playtest, as well as some of the music and other fun stuff. :D Please PM either Bri or myself if you're interested.

I could do some testing, if you like. I'll need to do a bit of reinstalling, and school's just restarting in here, but normally I'll have plenty of time to help.

EDIT: Blast, just noticed the request for playtesters is a few months old. Anyway, if you need my help, just whistle.

Edited by Lord Ernie