Hell, Wrath

ar2905.bcs - Hell, Wrath.

If you do this trial evil way, you gain one bonus point to some stat without any message or so. I guess it was forgotten when hell bonuses were moved to the hell doors.

I won't post patch as it is both primitive and long. Just a first block of the bcs should remain.

ar2905.bcs - Hell, Wrath.

If you do this trial evil way, you gain one bonus point to some stat without any message  or so. I guess it was forgotten when hell bonuses were moved to the hell doors.

I won't post patch as it is both primitive and long. Just a first block of the bcs should remain.

Argh, I hate bugs like this--these could be intentional and they forgot the messages, or they shouldn't be applied at all. The spells actually have names, which means they should be showing up in the dialogue menu. Opinions, everyone? I'm inclined to leave this as 'by design'.

Spell has its name but nothing shows in dialogue window (I checked it few secons before). I think if it would be intentional bonus why "good" solutions results to no bonus? I think every bonus should be placed in the doors.

Also in BG2 stats for good person does not change (you lost one in Asylum and one during one trial and you got 2 points back in Wrath test).

If you are evil you loose only one point (in Asylum) and get points in Wrath and {some other} hell trial. It is +3 points and with this "bug" +4 againts good character.

It is such inconsistent to stealthy award only evil way directly in area (in no other trial it is done) and again at the doors.

I'm inclined to say this is leftover cruft, but it doesn't really bother me.

You get severe penalties for being good in one of the rooms, killer items for being evil; why not a 1 point stat boost for the bad guys as well?

Considering that the Hell trials are likely flavoured by Bhaal's desire to see CHARNAME turn evil, I don't think an extra bonus to evil PCs is inconsistent here. Good gets bonuses over evil elsewhere in the game.

But why to silently place them there? You get this bonus even before killing Sarevok. But if you really think to retain this bonus I would move it to the doors and display string over head about it.

I agree with Cam, this is more likely to be by design. If it's by design at all, though, it's supposed to be as soon as you give into your anger, so I'd prefer "remove entirely" to "move to the door," and, "leave alone" to either.

Yes, if it's an entirely silent bonus granted for a single path alone, I subscribe to the "leftover crud" view. (Even if the SPLs have names, they're probably silent if cast from the area script.)

(I don't particularly care what happens here since I'll just remove it in Revised Hell Trials anyway.)

Seems like consensus here is leftover cruft.

COPY_EXISTING ~ar2905.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
   REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Global("Player1Wrath","GLOBAL",2)~ ~False()~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Sorry to open this topic again but I think that player should be informed about this bonus.

I suggest adding DisplayStringHead("You feel your power grows") or something like that to bonus blocks.

Removing these bonuses in Optional, but Cool can be kept.

Sorry to open this topic again but I think that player should be informed about this bonus.

Well, many players read Dan Simpson's FAQ, so this bonus is pretty much established and known. But, yeah, "Player1 gets +1 to Dexterity/Intelligence/Strength" in the bottom window would be cool.

Archived