CR Bug Reports: Minor bugs/changes

Idobek

Ah yes, thank you very much!  And it even makes sense!  :D And yeah, it should be in the readme somewhere.

Not that anybody would ever read it anyway. :D

Anybody that can come up with a way to get people to RTFM deserves a Nobel Prize.

I think I've come up with a way around the problem though. Make the kit Viconia component (and the kit Branwen component) add an identical Nightcloak kit that is not selectable by the PC (yes, this is possible) and assign that kit to Viconia. No more install failures plus you can give NPCs a little something more/less if you so desire.

In my local version I assigned the kit directly with the kit installation, figuring that anyone installing the Nightcloak would want Viconia to use it. I didn't realise Cam had changed it. :D

I like the idea of installing a separate but identical kit for Viconia/Branwen because then you don't have to install the selectable kits themselves. Which leaves more kit slots free for PC use.

I think I've come up with a way around the problem though. Make the kit Viconia component (and the kit Branwen component) add an identical Nightcloak kit that is not selectable by the PC (yes, this is possible) and assign that kit to Viconia. No more install failures plus you can give NPCs a little something more/less if you so desire.

This sounds like a good idea and one that would be workable for Keli and Silverstar of Selune when we get the Tiefling Sisters off the ground.

A separate, identical, invisible Shar kit makes a lot of sense... good idea! I'll implement this for the next release.

I don't want to seem pushy or anything... well, yeah, I guess I do :D Anyway, so when is the next release going to occur?

WeiDU comes up with "Error Clearing [*.IDS] in [.]" when attempting to install any of the new kits, right after the "Added Kit" message... though they are in KITS.IDS.
This is nothing to worry about, it happens a lot now. Wes changed the code to help Littiz with a specific kit adding problem as a result WeiDU reloads kit.ids every time it makes a change. A side-effect seems to be this error message. (I think I got the details right.)

That's correct. Pretty much any time you re-install a mod with a kit you'll see this warning--don't worry, everything is fine.

Also, the "Nightcloak of Shar for Viconia" component says it's copying & patching 7262 files(!) and then just seems to lock-up. I assume it's not supposed to do that  :D
The message is right, it shouldn't be locking and probably isn't - give it more time. Cam normally adds a message to say the patch could take awhile.

Idobek is correct, of course, though the next version will handle this a lot faster and smoother (also Idobek's solution).

The icon for the Disc of Night isn't showing up. The wrong resref is being used.
Another file name promblem: CLABPR04 (Lathander) is referencing C!LTLOSE instead of C!LTLOS.
and +5 at levels 25 and above
The spiritual weapons are all +5 at level 26 and above. But the kit descriptions disagree.

All fixed locally.

One other change is that the kit components for Branwen and Viconia now have their own duplicate kits--this will prevent the install failure if you were to install the PC Tempus/Shar kits at a different time than kitting Viconia/Branwen. Please not that kitting Branwen/Viccy still rewuires the PC version of the kit to be installed.

Archived