BG2 mod featuring all BG1 NPCs possible?

Lemernis

Is there a BG2 mod that makes all of the BG1 NPCS available? As we know, the game assumes that you have adventured with Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, and Dynaheir. But many folks adventure with a wide variety BG1 parties when they play the entire saga. Myself, I rarely use Minsc and Jaheira anymore in BG1.

Especially given that Tutu uses the BG2 engine, shouldn't there be a way to offer all the BG1 NPCs? Even if it requires playing Tutu for the BG1 leg of the saga?

Maybe the following is hardcoded/unhackable... but in the same vein, it'd be nice to have continuity from whichever BG1 NPCs you end BG with appearing in Irenicus' complex with your protagonist at SoA's start. Instead of it always being Jaheira and Minsc. For plot reasons, I can understand Imoen must be there, though.

Maybe the following is hardcoded/unhackable... but in the same vein, it'd be nice to have continuity from whichever BG1 NPCs you end BG with appearing in Irenicus' complex with your protagonist at SoA's start. Instead of it always being Jaheira and Minsc.
This is exactly what BGT does, perhaps you should check it at SHS :)
Maybe the following is hardcoded/unhackable... but in the same vein, it'd be nice to have continuity from whichever BG1 NPCs you end BG with appearing in Irenicus' complex with your protagonist at SoA's start. Instead of it always being Jaheira and Minsc.

However, they'll be silent, so what's the point?

Untrue on two counts:

1) My understanding is that BGT does not by default allow you to import any characters into SoA which would not otherwise be available. If you're hoping for Ajantis to turn up in Irenicus' dungeon, you'll be disappointed, I suspect.

2) The "continuity" continues to be a joke.

There is no mod that permits what the original poster is after, unfortunately. The best approach would be to check the PPG modlist for recognizable names in the BG2 NPC mods section.

This is exactly what BGT does, perhaps you should check it at SHS :p

However, they'll be silent, so what's the point?

Huh? Dunno, it wasn't me asking the question :)

Untrue on two counts:

1) My understanding is that BGT does not by default allow you to import any characters into SoA which would not otherwise be available. If you're hoping for Ajantis to turn up in Irenicus' dungeon, you'll be disappointed, I suspect.

2) The "continuity" continues to be a joke.

1) Indeed, those characters that are already present in BG2, no matter if as some cut-scene actor, dead body or just mention in someone's dialogue, will be treated by BGT in such a way as to keep their BG2 cameos intact and logical. But since I made a conclusion (perhaps hasty, judging by Lemernis joining date :) ) that topic author is rather new to this stuff, I decided to leave out technics.

2) Really? I didn't find any such statements on BGT forum. Care to elaborate?

..."leave out the technics"? I know I'm always one to argue against semantics, but I don't think it's a minor detail that BGT does nothing like what the poster describes.

I'll be more precise: If you finish BGT with, say, Ajantis, he will NOT appear with you in Irenicus dungeon. Rather, you will receive a contrived explanation as to why he leaves the group, and he will turn up exactly the same as he would have in BG2 anyway. This can hardly be described as continuity, and this is why claims of experiencing the BG saga as a single, streamlined game are nonsensical.

IIRC There was a mod that did what the O{riginal}P{oster} requested, called Manveru's custom NPCs. It put the NPCs in one location and you picked them up whenever you liked. As mentioned, they didn't have dialog or story or background.

Sadly I canna find the mod, as the orginal site has been changed to totally different content. Perhaps someone else has a copy?

<snip>...and this is why claims of experiencing the BG saga as a single, streamlined game are nonsensical.

Sim-man, give it a rest, whydon'tcha!? Time to let go!

Archived