Known Bugs?

Macready

Hello -

Sorry if you already know about any/all of these.

All of the errors should be pretty evident, except for the first one...I couldn't see what is wrong there (but then, I'm not a practiced scripter). I have corrected versions of the other files if anyone wants them.

[bG1NPC/scripts/X#CORAN.BAF] loaded, 10944 bytes

[bG1NPC/scripts/X#CORAN.BAF]  ERROR at line 22 column 1-0

Near Text:

Failure("lexing: empty token")

ERROR: parsing [bG1NPC/scripts/X#CORAN.BAF]: Failure("lexing: empty token")

Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~InParty("Jaheira") !Dead("Jaheira)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~InParty("Jaheira") !Dead("Jaheira)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")

[bG1NPC/Phase2/DLG/X#JAQU.d] parsed

WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("DynaheirRomanceInactive",GLOBAL",1)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~Global("HeRashemi",GLOBAL",1)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~Global("HeRashemi",GLOBAL",1)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")

[bG1NPC/DYROM/DLG/X#DYRO.D] parsed

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,1) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,2) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,3) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,4) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,5) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,6) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,7) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,8) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

[bG1NPC/Phase2/DLG/X#PCINIT.d] parsed

I found these also. It seems to be caused by the newer Weidu Setup.exe files. These errors never appeared in the older ones.

Domi, I don't know if I was clear about this before but I found that the error went away if you break out the conditions to be one per line. The newer Weidu (188 and 189) seems to choke when looking at multiple conditions on one line of code. However, it doesn't break all the time, so I don't know which part the code is the real problem. I solved this in the BGT version by going through each of these BAF files and placing Hard Returns after each condition. A slow process but it does stop the error messages.

Domi is away on vacation, but some of these I know she has reported already addressed in the next version. Those of us learning coding, (i.e. me) would love to learn about this, though;

by "hard return after every condition", do you mean

IF ~RandomNum(8,3)
InParty("Edwin") 
!Dead("Edwin")
Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~
THEN

instead of one line

IF ~RandomNum(8,3) InParty("Edwin") !Dead("Edwin") Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~ THEN

Edwin did need the quotes. The "empty token" problem seemed to only be fixed by changing the conditions as cmorgan has displayed (yes, that is exactly what I meant by hard returns). I also found that by using cut-and-paste on the BAF files, NI would except the 1 line conditions but DLTCEP would not. I guess because DLTCEP uses whatever Weidu file you give it and if that is a later version, you will get the compile problem. I am not sure how NI compiles BAF files.

Hello -

Edwin did need the quotes.  The "empty token" problem seemed to only be fixed by changing the conditions as cmorgan has displayed (yes, that is exactly what I meant by hard returns).  I also found that by using cut-and-paste on the BAF files, NI would except the 1 line conditions but DLTCEP would not.  I guess because DLTCEP uses whatever Weidu file you give it and if that is a later version, you will get the compile problem.  I am not sure how NI compiles BAF files.

OK, I imagine that fixes the first one then. In the case of #2, "Jaheira is missing a closing quotation. In the case of #3, GLOBAL" is missing an opening quotation.

Archived