Problem with thieves in heavy armor

Pablo

Hi!

I am playing BGT, using the "Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor" mod per PnP.

The Shadow Armor for sale at the smithy of Taeron Fuiruim in Beregost says it gives "+15% Hide in Shadows" but it appears that the game is adding the "-20% Hide in Shadows" from the "Thieving in Heavy Armor" mod to give a total "benefit" of -5% Hide in Shadows.

Shoundn't the Shadow Armor +15% negate the -20% from PnP to you really have "+15% Hide in Shadows" and not "-5% Hide in Shadows"?

Pablo

I think it makes good sense. Shadow Armour is easier to hide in--it does not make you better at it.

Hi!

Hmmm...OK. I just figured as a magic item the armor actually generated its own shadow (thus "Shadow" armor) and so could possibly make you better at hiding in shadows (even with armor) than if you had on no armor at all.

Pablo

I can see the logic of +15% on top of the -20% for the armour coming out to -5% in total for the armour, but it might be nice to see the standard -20 also mentioned on the item description (that will take some work to add though).

Personally, if I saw "Gives +15% to Stealth" and nothing else, I'd expect it to give a flat +15% and consider the -5% a bug.

I need to double-check my code.

What I intend to do with items like this is apply the penalty to the existing bonus. In this case +15% - 20% penalty = -5%. If it came to a negative value, it should be adjusted to 0% instead of keeping a negative value. I see I also need to fix the item description as well. :)

Archived