Portrait Sites

icelus

I'll just ask this, 'cause one never knows: Would anyone with more advanced Photoshop skills than me consider editing this half-orc portrait I found to change the skin tone from gray to more of a human tanned, (perhaps slightly olive) complexion? And make the hair a little blonder? (The hair's not a big deal though, I was very lucky to find it this color to begin with.) Or maybe instruct me how to do that with Photoshop 5.0 LE?

It'd be nice for folks to have a somewhat human looking portrait of a half-orc, and this is such a wonderful portrait to begin with. I've resized it to BG2 dimensions for my game, but would enjoy it even more with the skin tone modifed.

Just as an aside, I really like the portrait gallery. Nice mix for any occaision.

I'd even be tempted to try Faldorn, with the portrait in the Portrait pack as an alternate. I've always been scared away by her portrait! Same with Coran.

I'll just ask this, 'cause one never knows: Would anyone with more advanced Photoshop skills than me consider editing this half-orc portrait I found to change the skin tone from gray to more of a human tanned, (perhaps slightly olive) complexion?  And make the hair a little blonder? (The hair's not a big deal though, I was very lucky to find it this color to begin with.)  Or maybe instruct me how to do that with Photoshop 5.0 LE?

I only really know what I've learned by watching others work, so this might not work as well as I think it might, but you could try using the selection tool to select by colour, which should enable you to pick out the hair or skin fairly accurately.

Then if you put a layer of a light (yellowish?) brown over that whole area and make that layer translucent (say to 30%), you might be able to blend the skin colour you want in without losing the shading and detail already present.

I have a ton of NWN portraits that I could resize for BG. Some really great stuff. I'd be happy to put together an extensive BG portrait pack if someone here can host it. If there are any takers, just let me know and I'll get to work on it.

I'll just ask this, 'cause one never knows: Would anyone with more advanced Photoshop skills than me consider editing this half-orc portrait I found to change the skin tone from gray to more of a human tanned, (perhaps slightly olive) complexion?  And make the hair a little blonder? (The hair's not a big deal though, I was very lucky to find it this color to begin with.)  Or maybe instruct me how to do that with Photoshop 5.0 LE?

It'd be nice for folks to have a somewhat human looking portrait of a half-orc, and this is such a wonderful portrait to begin with.  I've resized it to BG2 dimensions for my game, but would enjoy it even more with the skin tone modifed.

Do you mean something like this?

[EDIT] Although now that I look at them side by side, I notice there isn't really all that much difference... May have been a bit too careful with the colour changes. I can try something a bit more drastic in a minute.

This might be a bit closer to a tanned human; although I'm not a big fan of tanned skin so this might still be a bit pale to your taste. :)

Archived