PnP protection items mod

Guest mildImp

Guest mildImp

I noticed that when applying this mod, certain items (like cdring06.itm) end up being "usable". I mean, you can click the use item button and then "use" them. However, all that seems to do is return the item to inventory. Is this a bug or was this done on purpose? If so why?

Guest mildImp

OK...Thats what I understood the mod did. I still dont completely understand how that works. I guess I assumed that if you were wearing magic armor with your ring of protection that the ac wouldnt stack, but you would get the saving throw bonuses of the ring. Are you saying that you have to "use" the item if you want the bonuses? Is there some duration the bonuses are applied before I have to "use" the item again? Or, is this "usability" so you can effectively wear more than 2 rings? Im sorry if I am being obtuse, I just am not clear on how this "usability" works. Thanks for your time and patience.

I wrote myself a note to remind me exactly how to make use of this component:

Before altering the Armor Class bonus of an item, make sure you've got at least one empty inventory slot. To turn the Armor Class bonus off or on, equip the item, go back to the main screen, select F8: Use Item and click on the item at the bottom of the screen. The modified item will then need to be re-equipped.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Guest mildImp

+1 Amulet of protection replicates when "using". So rather than getting the "protection only" amulet in your inventory, you get a "protection only" copy of the amulet in your inventory. The original stays equipt.

Archived