Comments on "Cinders and Rebirth"

Noctalys

If you look at the number of view count, there have been quite a few who read it.

For a first fanfic, this is definitely well-written. I admit, the scene that still stands out in my mind is in the first section when Solaufein is looking at the fireflies. What can I say, such a situation would definitely be good for contemplation.

I do admit I also liked how at the end Solaufein was still not sure whether the object of his attention was going to be the 'one' or not.

Well thank you very much, and thanks for taking the time to post! :p To tell you the truth, I nearly had a panic attack after posting the blasted thing because I thought it was going to get ripped to shreds (shyness of the first time and all) ,but I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Oh, and though it would make a good ending, the fanfic is not done yet. I just finished surgery on chapter six, am working on chapter seven right now, and I have the skeleton for the rest of the fic written down (knowing me it will probrably mutate considerably by the time I am through :) ) I am planning to flesh out the other characters more and give everybody a chance in the limelight as well as tie up some loose ends that irked me in the game. *puts on the 'ridiculous overachiever' hat* I'm planning to have it go all the way into the final battle of Suldenessalar. (sp? gotta check that) Anyway, I am glad that you enjoyed what I have written so far. That's what I was hoping for. :)

Well, I won't say that there aren't some things that couldn't be fixed, but those tend to fall into the realm of grammar, punctuation, etc. However, that is also areas most people who write can overlook.

However, you don't need to worry about 'getting ripped to shreds' here. Criticism offered should be of the constructive variety, after all...

Yeah, I welcome constructive criticism with open arms. I'll never improve otherwise!

Anyway, I am posting chapter seven now. A bit of a warning to those who have already read through chapter six: I have cut the ending part of chapter six and made it into the beginning of chapter seven, so you'll recognize the first few bits of it; feel free to skip over them. :)

Chapter 8 is nearly done as well. Heh, what can I say, I am prolific in my text.

EDIT: And...BOOYA! Done with chapter 8...and posted it as the ever ubiquitous 'guest' instead of myself! Wow, i'm skilled. :)

Just wanted to say I absolutley Loved it! I've read a lot of fanfic and yours is definatley at the top of my list.

I'm beyond glad to find out there will be more. I so so SOOO didn't want it to end there! I'll def be checking back for updates.

^_^

Buahhahaha!! My ego is soaring at this moment. That made my day! :) I'm working on the next chapter right now, and I feel that it is probrably the most amusing thing I have written in a looong time. It will be a little bit longer before I post it, as I posted the last chapter without proofreading it (chalk it up to arrogance) only to find out there were some uncorrected errors. This next chapter will be hopefully error-free. And mildly amusing. So...Soon!

And thank you!

And...here is chapter nine!  Enjoy.

First off, I just want to say that I like the story very much so far.

The use of imagery is excellent throughout the story and the details to use the characters and settings are great.

There are only very few awkward lines that could be worded differently, and sometimes the grammar, and spelling is inapt. (But hey, who doesn’t make those normal mistakes?)

I hope you will continue writing; I will be looking forward to the next chapter.

:p

And...here is chapter nine!  Enjoy.

First off, I just want to say that I like the story very much so far.

The use of imagery is excellent throughout the story and the details to use the characters and settings are great.

There are only very few awkward lines that could be worded differently, and sometimes the grammar, and spelling is inapt. (But hey, who doesn’t make those normal mistakes?)

I hope you will continue writing; I will be looking forward to the next chapter.

:p

Well thank you!

Yeah, I tend to make grammar mistakes. Chalk that up to arrogance in believing I didn't have to pay attention in English class. :p I need to brush up on a few things, it would seem.

Thank you for the encouragement! :D I'm going to get to work on chapter 10 later in the day.

Ok, i'm trying to add in the new stuff i've written and rewritten, but I can't seem to get more than the very beginning of rewritten chapter 11 up there. Bollocks. :) I don't have much time to remain awake, I've a busy day tomorrow. Hopefully things will be more cooperative to me then, and i can add the rest.

EDIT: Ok, i fixed it. I hope you enjoy.

Archived