how to fix slower walk rate for BG2?

Lemernis

Hmm.

I understand that that starting the game over would be the safest thing to do. But I've gone too far in this game to want to go back to the start. Nor do I wish to convert the single player game to a multiplayer game, importing the edited character.

I understand there will be some risk associated with editing out the walkspeed effect on the PC in the SP game, and accept that.

Will it really make much difference if I use Shadowkeeper or DLTCEP to edit the character in the SP game? I'm only removing an effect from a character--it doesn't strike me as a big deal. Admittedly I'm not very knowledgeable about what can happen with Infinity Engine editors. But I'd kind of surprised were that to cause problems later. Is the game's scripting and/or the editors that unstable?

Just a follow-up to this: Shadowkeeper worked just fine for this. I finished the game without a problem.

I have actually never had a single problem using Shadowkeeper, ever. Although I have used it mostly for BG1Tutu, and not so much for BG2 games.

I recognize that some folks might have experienced problems with games after they have editied with Shadowkeeper. But to caution against using it categorically because a few folks have here and there (and God knows how many mods they had installed, if they did) seems a bit drastic. So take what I'm saying with a grain of salt--I'm no modder--but it seems to me that using Shadowkeeper is pretty safe.

Guest gwyned

Just a quick, semi-anonymous note. I experienced the same slow down due to the slower walk rate component, and rather than trying to edit it out, I merely used ShadowKeeper to increase the affected characters speed from 0 to 1. They now move at the same speed as the others.

Archived