Help with modifying the ring of wizardry

Question

I am adding it as an additional ability to the item,

Perhaps you have added it to "item effects" flag in the "Extension Headers" page. If so, then that's the cause of the problem.

Make sure that you add the effect to "Equipping abilities" flag in the main page. (I assume that you are using IEEP, of course).

Let me know if the problem persists.

On bg2 it is possible to change the physical/mental speed of characters. (just tested it a few days ago). Parameter1 should be used as the modifier value.

On bg1 i didn't check yet, but i think Echon wrote that it doesn't work.

Added it via LUA console.

The spell factor works as far as i can tell, but increase spellcasting speed does not.

Parameters are as you said, leaving the top at 0, the bottom one set to 1.

Yes, these are the correct parameters and the effect surely works in BG2:TOB. But since you are not testing it in a BG2 game, but rather in tutu, I cannot say with certainty what the problem is. I don't have enough experience with tutu.

Try installing TOB over BG2 and see if it will help (I'm not sure).

If it doesn't work in tutu again, start a BG2 game, test it and you will see that it works. I did my best to help, sorry if it was not adequate. BG1 is not my game. :)

Yes, having checked the .itm file Question sent to me, it seems that aura cleansing requires TOB, because the effect was added to the item correctly and it should have worked.

However, I remember that one of the joinable NPCs in TDD had an item which granted aura cleansing. TDD doesn't require TOB if I remember correctly and is installable on an SOA-only installation of the game.. But perhaps that effect wouldn't also work there if played without TOB.

I played TDD only once and I had TOB installed. So, that NPC's item worked in my game. But if aura cleansing requires TOB, then the designers of TDD had made a presupposition that the player will have TOB, otherwise they shouldn't have written in that item's description that it grants aura cleansing, unless that specific item would not have been added to the game by TDD if TOB had not been detected as installed. I don't know.

Archived