Mod not installing

Guest Patrick

Guest Patrick

Having some troubleinstalling my mod. I finished the tp2 and clab files as I wanted them, but the mod doesn't install. I checked everything but I'm not sure what's up.

I renamed WeiDu (191) to: setup-nomadkit.exe

I put that and the nomadkit folder in my BG2 directory.

nomadkit.tp2 and F!nomad are inside the folder, along with the backup folder.

This is what it says:

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Setup-Nomadkit.exe] Weidu version 191

<Setup-Ascension.exe} Queried <pid = 156> version = 1852 query done.

<SETUP-NOMADKIT.EXE.DEBUG> Queried <pid = -1>

This is my tp2 file:

BACKUP ~nomadkit/backup~

AUTHOR ~distanthorizons9@hotmail.com~

BEGIN ~Nomad Fighter Kit~

ADD_KIT ~F!nomad~

~F!nomad 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1~

~F!nomad 2 2 3 3 3 2 3 3 2 2 2 3 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2~

~F!nomad 9 0 0 0 0 0~

~F!nomad 0 0 0 0 0 0~

~F!nomad 0 17 0 0 0 0~

~F!nomad 15 0 0 0 0 0~

~F!nomad 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1~

~F!nomad 0 1 1 1 1 0~

~nomadkit/F!nomad.2da~

~K_F_H K_F_D K_F_G K_F_E K_F_HE K_F_HL K_F_HO~

~0x00014000 2~

~Fi0~

~CHAN09 * HELM07 BAG20 RING06 RING31 * BOOT01 AMUL19 BRAC16 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN04,2 POTN14,5 HAMM07 SW1H27 STAF08~

SAY ~nomad~

SAY ~Nomad~

SAY ~Nomad: Swift and terrible, Nomads fight like other warriors, but rely on cunning and trickery more than blind fury or skill. They can lay traps for the enemy, and are quick to spy out ambushes and snares. Long wandering on the Sword Coast has made nomads into a skilled travellers, able to overcome any obstacle, and familiar with the dangers of the road. They can heal themselves of common ailments and know many secrets of natural medicine. While as tough as other Fighters, Nomads are less powerful, and so cannot progress beyond three proficiency slots in any weapon, and two in some.~

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Try deleting setup-ascension.exe, or overwrite it with a copy of WeiDU 191. Some weidu versions used to have troubles with autoupdate.

Aye, this happened to me when I renamed my Auren exe file and my Tp2.

If this helps, Auren's WeiDU installer is named Setup-AurenAseph and the tp2 is Setup-AurenAseph.

Guest Guest

Nothing seems to work, but I've sent eh files to Andryr. Maybe he can get them to work. Here's hoping.

In the meantime, I've thought about making another mod. NPC's are big and complex. However, I noted that BG2 really needs a monk NPC.

The problem is your files are saved as .txt files, i.e. nomad.tp2.txt and nomad.2da.txt. You need to drop the .txt suffix; use ConTEXT or something and Save As the correct file type, not as .txt files. :) you also had setup.nomaedkit.exe.exe instead of just setup-nomadkit.exe (you don't need to type the extra. exe on it).

Finally, your WeiDU version is old and not auto-updating. You need to download a newer version (like v191). That's why it wasn't installing.

When I fixed these problems it installed fine--well done! :) I didn't test it ingame, though.

Guest Guest
The problem is your files are saved as .txt files, i.e. nomad.tp2.txt and nomad.2da.txt. You need to drop the .txt suffix; use ConTEXT or something and Save As the correct file type, not as .txt files. :) you also had setup.nomaedkit.exe.exe instead of just setup-nomadkit.exe (you don't need to type the extra. exe on it).

Finally, your WeiDU version is old and not auto-updating. You need to download a newer version (like v191). That's why it wasn't installing.

When I fixed these problems it installed fine--well done! :) I didn't test it ingame, though.

Thanks a lot. I'll put it online soon, probably at Sorcerer's Place, if they want it. Thanks for the help. On with the show!

Archived